2020 Expedition occasionally doesn't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhlee730

Reaction score
PAS engine disabled?
What is the perimeter sensor for the PAS do?
Maybe that triggers security sustem.
I.took it.to dealer and they wanted.to keep it.forever to try.and find the.problem

When they told.me.to.rent.a.car i got.pissed.and.left

Deep8174

Reaction score
Car not starting with no or weak ignition is almost always a battery issue.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are lots of valid possibilities already listed. One that isn't listed is possible RF interference. Does the automatic unlock operate? If not and if everything off of the fob seems to be blocked, you could be experiencing RF interference. The fobs share a set of frequencies with those licensed to surveillance camera communication. So, if you vehicle is bombarded with this type of RF where it is parked, it can overload the FOB to vehicle communication and trigger an intentional anti-theft shutdown. I've had it happen on multiple vehicles. The temporary fix is to lift up one of the console cupholders where you will see a chamber to place the fob in. Put it in that chamber and the vehicle should start and run normally if that is the issue. Long term....don't park it there or eliminate the interference.

Jhlee730

Reaction score
Not it. Auto Unlock works. Kicker is, it does not display no key fob detected. Dash is blank, screen just says Ford.
Headlights flash when you push start

Jhlee730

Reaction score
Expedition acted up again dealer can’t locate issue unless it is in a failed state.
showed them a video that shows headlights and dash flickering plus one other that shows vehicle shutting off after opening and closing door

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The easiest first step is to get the battery load tested. My Expedition behaved just like this when the carwash left accessories on and killed the battery the other day. On my Focus Electric, the built-in cellular connection was draining the 12V when the connection was poor and the vehicle was parked for an extended period, like in parking garages. Ford issued a software update to address the issue. Assuming the battery is ok, there may be something similar happening here.

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
It could well be the brake switch. There was a SB about this on certain Mercedes models that ran for years. Setting off the CE light, SRS light etc was also on the list. All for a $10.00 brake pedal switch

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev