2020 Windage Tray (aka fiber/felt pos) - replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that there is a METAL replacement for the fiber/felt piece that blocks the oil pan.
Ive seen rumors that a raptor part may replace but not found confirmation of that or the part number / cost.

Is there a 3rd party replacement/upgrade, I'd like to replace that fiber/felt "card stock" before I need to.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are the worst. I've had a new F-150 every year since 2016 & each truck, the tray comes apart at the bolts, causing it to hang. If anyone has not noticed, take a look at the F150s on the road, you will see many with this issue.

OP
OP
B

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are the worst. I've had a new F-150 every year since 2016 & each truck, the tray comes apart at the bolts, causing it to hang. If anyone has not noticed, take a look at the F150s on the road, you will see many with this issue.

RCI makes replacements for the F150 - but i dont believe they are an exact fit for the '20 (?) Expedition / 3.5L

I recall that some year (?) raptor may be a replacement option.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the FX4 has metal ones that are more of a direct replacement, and yes RCI makes some really nice ones, but they do require some extra work. I love mine, super solid and well made.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an FX4. They come with a felt belly pan that blocks the oil pan. I am talking about the huge one towards the rear of the subframe.

To the front of this felt belly pan, there are two metal skid plates. These block access to the oil filter :)

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, so Ford couldn't give the FX4 a skid plate for the oil/transmission pan area. What CRAP!

They don't look at the front 2 skids followed by the floppy apple crate one & go man that looks like :favorites68:

If an FX4 was near by when I was looking I'd own one now, just to be pissed that I still have a floppy-joloppy over this area.

OP
OP
B

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks to @scottdm for his part numbers & info on the Raptor oil pan cover etc.
For anyone else that wants to SEARCH for pricing here are the P/N in a cut / paste form along w/ LINKS to the items at TascaParts (my 1st search).

Under Cover - Product ID: HL3Z-7222-A (qty 1)
Plate Bolt - Product ID: W505594-S440 (qty 6)
Sunroof Frame Screw - Product ID: W717268S439 (qty 4)
Front Shield U-Nut - Product ID: W717634-S439 (qty 6)
Under Cover Access Panel - Product ID: HL3Z-7222-B (qty 1)

Tasca Parts is coming up a bit more expensive on the tray - shipping is gonna put it over the top - ill be shopping around to see if I can avoid the shipping!

upload_2021-3-9_19-36-55-png.40896

Last edited: