2022 Expedition - Cracked Roof Panel; Cracked Lift gate Spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rental_expy

Reaction score
It’s not a recall… it’s a technical service bulletin. Your vocabulary needs to be correct.

I’d let your car insurance handle this with rental company.
I never said it was a recall. The dealership told me when they ran the VIN there were no recalls assigned to the vehicle, so they weren't sure how to handle it.

I also don't want to let insurance handle it because that probably means me paying a deductible.

The third party repair company ended up telling me that they reviewed it with the rental company and they were closing my case, so it looks like I'll be ok.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hope for your sake that's the case. I can only imagine how frustrating this was/is for you.

jbwest

Reaction score
Currently fighting the dealership for this issue. Can anyone who has been successful provide any useful follow-up information? Dealership? Reference #? Claim #? Anything to help build a case?

There a lot of posts in this thread saying it would be covered but no follow-ups of actual success.

Thanks

days4days

Reaction score
I have a new 2022 Expedition Limited. Has 750 miles on it, has only been in my driveway for a month. I opened the tailgate yesterday (in -30 degree wind chill) and the lift gate spoiler cracked in half, the brake light is hanging off above the rear windshield, and the roof panel punctured and has a hole in it right where it meets the spoiler. I heard the cracking and popping as the lift gate opened, but I never thought the damage would be as bad as it is. Has anyone had issues with body work cracking and breaking in the cold? Will the dealership cover this or am I going to have to go through insurance? Needless to say, I’m very disappointed in the quality here and can’t believe the cold could do that much damage to a brand new $80k car. Have owned many expeditions over the years in this climate, and have never had this issue.
We tried going through ford for a warranty claim and they denied it. This isn’t right at all. None of this is the customers faults. We all have the same vehicle, make and model and year purchased. Clearly, this should be a recall and should be under a warranty claim. What is the purpose of purchasing the warranty for Ford to turn around and not fix an issue that’s causing so many others a lot of distress and frustration?

days4days

Reaction score
Currently fighting the dealership for this issue. Can anyone who has been successful provide any useful follow-up information? Dealership? Reference #? Claim #? Anything to help build a case?

There a lot of posts in this thread saying it would be covered but no follow-ups of actual success.

Thanks
Use ours, we were not successful… but maybe this could help!

CAS-48011934-S3R4G5 we went through Perth in Ontario, Canada

days4days

Reaction score
This is crazy. I had the exact thing happen to mine 2 days ago during the cold spell. Cracked plastic spoiler over the rear hatch and a puncture to the roof. We are taking it to the dealership tomorrow. I hope this is covered under warranty. Pics below.
We had this too! Ford’s warranty refused to cover. Anyone else with the same issue?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Time to gather some of this information and head to small claims court. Not sure where you are and what sort of rules your jurisdiction may have around dollar figures, etc, but I think there's more than enough information available on this site and the rest of the Internet to show there was an absolute manufacturing mistake and Ford all of the sudden deciding they will no longer cover this isn't acceptable. There are people on here that had this repaired at no cost by Ford, so for them to sunset that seems like something they can be held accountable over.