2022 Expedition - Cracked Roof Panel; Cracked Lift gate Spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had this same thing happen to my 2022 Expedition twice in December. After 2 dealer requests and attaching a number of pictures from this site to prove the damage is happening to other vehicles, the dealer is finally handling the repair under warranty.
I had to write a letter to the dealerships owner, GM and service manager as well as leave a negative Google review, before the dealership really pushed back on Ford.
@mwalden , do you by any chance have the warranty claim number and be willing to share it here? Maybe that would help people that are currently fighting their dealers for coverage.

jkocr2

Reaction score
is there a way to adjust the liftgate spoiler at all? i have a 22 and noticed its really close to the roof panel on the driver side and further away on the passenger side. i would like to center it up to try and alleviate the potential for the driver side hitting. im already refraining from opening it in the cold as much as possible!

i tried the 4 bolts up top (2 on each when you lift the glass) but it didn't seem to move at all.

giudi1md

Reaction score
is there a way to adjust the liftgate spoiler at all? i have a 22 and noticed its really close to the roof panel on the driver side and further away on the passenger side. i would like to center it up to try and alleviate the potential for the driver side hitting. im already refraining from opening it in the cold as much as possible!

i tried the 4 bolts up top (2 on each when you lift the glass) but it didn't seem to move at all.
Can you post photos of the condition from each angle in a way that shows the differences in the size of the gap?
How is the weatherstripping?

jkocr2

Reaction score
Can you post photos of the condition from each angle in a way that shows the differences in the size of the gap?
How is the weatherstripping?
my weatherstripping is intack and isn't loose on either side but the gap is noticeable from side to side. i'll have to get photos tomorow when its light out.

xmountaineer

Reaction score
I wonder if setting the lift height to something shorter than full open would prevent this as a short term fix for those who haven’t experienced it yet.

rccola

Reaction score
reading posts it looks like 2 people said their dealer would cover - but nobody has given a claim number or dealer name - i bought my car from Serra and i know they have at least 3 expeditions with the cracked roof

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni