2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asdavid

Reaction score
On the Ford tracker ( https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking ) does it say

Shipped

Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership.

If not, there could be some kind of parts/chip hold....Ford may be able to give you more information @ 800-392-3673.
It was on chip hold from may to June but is completed and released pending shipment since June 21st.

steve3591

Reaction score
So today got email from ford that my platinum is built and should ship Oct 23to Oct 29. Ordered Jan 5. In production Oct 7 and now finally built.
I am just hoping it ships soon.
I have seen on here somewhere there was a way to track shipment so if anyone can put out that info I would appreciate it.
Mine will be going by train toRichmond CA
Black. Black. Max. 2x2 second row bench with tow.
This will be replacing my 2007 limited EL we bought new. 119000 miles and this new one will be our 4th Expedition.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So today got email from ford that my platinum is built and should ship Oct 23to Oct 29. Ordered Jan 5. In production Oct 7 and now finally built.
I am just hoping it ships soon.
I have seen on here somewhere there was a way to track shipment so if anyone can put out that info I would appreciate it.
Mine will be going by train toRichmond CA
Black. Black. Max. 2x2 second row bench with tow.
This will be replacing my 2007 limited EL we bought new. 119000 miles and this new one will be our 4th Expedition.
Go back to post 2331 and there's info on that post and right around there on info to call marketing and then track via rail. Good luck!!

ashleef89

Reaction score
So I checked the tracker this morning, and it says built. But then I got this email this afternoon from Ford. I'm so confused!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221020-101648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221020-101648_Chrome.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20221020-162228_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221020-162228_Gmail.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

1sttimer

Reaction score
This is both a vent and a 'what would you do' post...

Ordered a Max 4x4 Platinum 2/22 from Granger after a ton of research (and years of wanting to upgrade to an Expedition). Was told I would get whichever incentives were better - time of order or delivery. Two big reasons I went with the Platinum - BlueCruise and MCS.
Of course, over time, I was told to get it into production, I'd have to delete several options, including MCS. I did not delete, instead have heard people get fully-equipped Platinums over the past several months. September, I get the notice it was going into production and eventually the window sticker shows MCS, handsfree tailgate, rear auto windows and park assist force-deleted. They give you crap for the deletions, and it changed how I felt about getting a Platinum.
Then, on 10/4, I get the coveted PCO - $2k off in my email inbox. I send it to Granger, they acknowledge it and 'put it in my file.'
Today I finally get a call from finance to setup everything for my pickup date next Wednesday. She tells me I don't have any PCOs or rebates available. I explain everything above, she tells me I need to call Ford Marketing to see if I can get a certificate # for the $1k rebate from February. FM is the most friently, least helpful people in the world, and tell me it's up to the dealership. (What I've learned today is they intentionally separate Ford and their dealerships so they can point the finger back and forth).
I also learn that the $2k PCO is not valid because it was for an address (physical address) that is not mine, one that is 10 miles away. Not an address I've ever lived at, had a driver's license for or ever even heard of. Nobody can tell me how that address got entered, and they are completely disregarding that it came to my EMAIL, which I've had for 25 years, and even states my name in the greeting.
Granger tells me they'll honor the $1k rebate, but cannot honor the $2k PCO. The $2k PCO is what made me mostly OK with all of the deleted features, and the fact Granger nor Ford will honor it seems ridiculous.
So, there's been a ton of bad juju around this deal, especially today, and I'm considering walking away. Interest rates are high, who knows if prices will go down, it will be significantly more monthly $ than my current vehicle. However, it technically is still 5% under current market value for the vehicle. Plus, I have some actual needs for the towing in the next few weeks.
Oh, and Ford just announced today a redesign happening in 2024.
Feel free to give me your thoughts, ridicule me or whatever you feel like doing. It's been a sh*tty day.

steve3591

Reaction score
Well mine is finally on a train somewhere heading west. Ordered Jan 5.
How and where do you guys find out if there are any rebates from Jan or now.
It does suck on the mcs seats I can live without the toe,windows and the parking but I was really looking forward to the seats.
I don’t really want to wait another 18 months for a 24 so I will learn to love my 22.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is both a vent and a 'what would you do' post...

Ordered a Max 4x4 Platinum 2/22 from Granger after a ton of research (and years of wanting to upgrade to an Expedition). Was told I would get whichever incentives were better - time of order or delivery. Two big reasons I went with the Platinum - BlueCruise and MCS.
Of course, over time, I was told to get it into production, I'd have to delete several options, including MCS. I did not delete, instead have heard people get fully-equipped Platinums over the past several months. September, I get the notice it was going into production and eventually the window sticker shows MCS, handsfree tailgate, rear auto windows and park assist force-deleted. They give you crap for the deletions, and it changed how I felt about getting a Platinum.
Then, on 10/4, I get the coveted PCO - $2k off in my email inbox. I send it to Granger, they acknowledge it and 'put it in my file.'
Today I finally get a call from finance to setup everything for my pickup date next Wednesday. She tells me I don't have any PCOs or rebates available. I explain everything above, she tells me I need to call Ford Marketing to see if I can get a certificate # for the $1k rebate from February. FM is the most friently, least helpful people in the world, and tell me it's up to the dealership. (What I've learned today is they intentionally separate Ford and their dealerships so they can point the finger back and forth).
I also learn that the $2k PCO is not valid because it was for an address (physical address) that is not mine, one that is 10 miles away. Not an address I've ever lived at, had a driver's license for or ever even heard of. Nobody can tell me how that address got entered, and they are completely disregarding that it came to my EMAIL, which I've had for 25 years, and even states my name in the greeting.
Granger tells me they'll honor the $1k rebate, but cannot honor the $2k PCO. The $2k PCO is what made me mostly OK with all of the deleted features, and the fact Granger nor Ford will honor it seems ridiculous.
So, there's been a ton of bad juju around this deal, especially today, and I'm considering walking away. Interest rates are high, who knows if prices will go down, it will be significantly more monthly $ than my current vehicle. However, it technically is still 5% under current market value for the vehicle. Plus, I have some actual needs for the towing in the next few weeks.
Oh, and Ford just announced today a redesign happening in 2024.
Feel free to give me your thoughts, ridicule me or whatever you feel like doing. It's been a sh*tty day.
I tried writing out a response for fifteen minutes, but settled for this: It boils down to the fact that it's your money and it's your decision on how you spend it, so good luck