2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Feel free to give me your thoughts, ridicule me or whatever you feel like doing. It's been a sh*tty day.
Well this will probably sound preachy, but it's meant with good intentions, to give a little perspective: there's so many people with truly difficult problems or tragic life circumstances who would think that a day where their only problem was not being able to save a grand or two on their brand-new $90,000 car was the best day of their life.

CGalex

Reaction score
This is both a vent and a 'what would you do' post...

Ordered a Max 4x4 Platinum 2/22 from Granger after a ton of research (and years of wanting to upgrade to an Expedition). Was told I would get whichever incentives were better - time of order or delivery. Two big reasons I went with the Platinum - BlueCruise and MCS.
Of course, over time, I was told to get it into production, I'd have to delete several options, including MCS. I did not delete, instead have heard people get fully-equipped Platinums over the past several months. September, I get the notice it was going into production and eventually the window sticker shows MCS, handsfree tailgate, rear auto windows and park assist force-deleted. They give you crap for the deletions, and it changed how I felt about getting a Platinum.
Then, on 10/4, I get the coveted PCO - $2k off in my email inbox. I send it to Granger, they acknowledge it and 'put it in my file.'
Today I finally get a call from finance to setup everything for my pickup date next Wednesday. She tells me I don't have any PCOs or rebates available. I explain everything above, she tells me I need to call Ford Marketing to see if I can get a certificate # for the $1k rebate from February. FM is the most friently, least helpful people in the world, and tell me it's up to the dealership. (What I've learned today is they intentionally separate Ford and their dealerships so they can point the finger back and forth).
I also learn that the $2k PCO is not valid because it was for an address (physical address) that is not mine, one that is 10 miles away. Not an address I've ever lived at, had a driver's license for or ever even heard of. Nobody can tell me how that address got entered, and they are completely disregarding that it came to my EMAIL, which I've had for 25 years, and even states my name in the greeting.
Granger tells me they'll honor the $1k rebate, but cannot honor the $2k PCO. The $2k PCO is what made me mostly OK with all of the deleted features, and the fact Granger nor Ford will honor it seems ridiculous.
So, there's been a ton of bad juju around this deal, especially today, and I'm considering walking away. Interest rates are high, who knows if prices will go down, it will be significantly more monthly $ than my current vehicle. However, it technically is still 5% under current market value for the vehicle. Plus, I have some actual needs for the towing in the next few weeks.
Oh, and Ford just announced today a redesign happening in 2024.
Feel free to give me your thoughts, ridicule me or whatever you feel like doing. It's been a sh*tty day.
If you feel you have exhausted all pushback options to get every discount you were told you were getting, I would walk, considering they force deleted just about every feature you stuck out the wait for rather than re-order a lower cost trim. with all they took off your order, is it really top of the line trim anymore? If I was paying even with discounts for "The" Top trim car of anything, I would want everything as advertised or at a minimum, a guarentee IN WRITING from FORD that those items can and will be retro-installed later somehow. the $50 here, $100 there they take off sticker for removing major features is insulting and should have another zero on that price reduction at least.

Chi6488

Reaction score
I cancelled this order on 10/5 and ordered a BMW X7 M60I. I received an email this morning that it will be at Sun state ford in Orlando Nov 3-9th.

If you or anyone you know is interested here is a 304A vehicle available

Attachments

• windowsticker.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 19

Beachums

Reaction score
Has anyone received this email? I wonder how accurate it generally is (I hold out little hope). Considering it was sent two days before its self imposed deadline, I wonder if they're just wasting internet traffic and my time to read it.
Screenshot_20221025_211042.jpg

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve received 5-6 of these. Probably 10 estimated delivery dates missed
My 'expected delivery' just got pushed back another week, to 11/2-11/8. Ford marketing 800-334-4375, if you really press them for details, will have the most current information. Today they told me it's been moved from the factory in KY and is in another city in the possession of the shipper; she said they should have actual shipping details (rail or transport) within a couple days, so we'll see.....

1sttimer

Reaction score
I ended up emailing back and forth with Granger, and when they added in managers to the email, I added in Ford executives to the emails.
I got a call from one of the corporate assistants (fire extinguishers), and they are making sure the PCO gets included.
Picking up today.

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
My journey has finally come to an end.

2022 Black/Black, Limited, SPP 304A, 4x4 w ControlTrac eLSD, CCD & Road Preview

Ordered: 3/30
Scheduled for production: 8/14
Delayed production estimate: 9/26
Build date: 10/6
Shipped (to S Florida): 10/8
Arrived at Dealership: 10/25

I’m picking it up today, 10/26!!!

So it took 7 months (minus 4 days) from order to delivery.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PhoenixRizez,
You're to be commended for your patience in sticking it out for almost seven months. I hope that you don't feel cheated by waiting: options removed, interest rates rising, and just the overall inconvenience of a long wait. I seriously doubt that I would have waited as long as you did.