2022 Expedition XLT ordered today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Long time lurker, really nothing up until today to post about ;)

Placed my order today for a new 2022 Expedition XLT
Color: Iconic Silver
Black Active X seats
2nd row power bench (2nd row Captains chairs now standard)
202A equipment group
HD Tow package
Auto start-stop delete (confirmed still available by special order only)

Hoping to document the process from start to finish:
Order written and deposit taken at 2:17pm
Order confirmed by Ford Corp at 2:52pm

I'll post more when I receive either a VIN, or projected production date, or both.

If I'm lucky, I might see the car by April or May.

Bill S.

PS: As for those wondering about when actual 2022 production started, 1/17/2022, confirmed by plant management late last week.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered my expedition max XLT back on 1/3 and have yet to get a production date for it. Mine is iconic silver like yours but will have the 200a package instead of the 202a (the activeX is real leather and I couldn’t bring myself to spend an extra $4k for pleather seats)

OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered my expedition max XLT back on 1/3 and have yet to get a production date for it. Mine is iconic silver like yours but will have the 200a package instead of the 202a (the activeX is real leather and I couldn’t bring myself to spend an extra $4k for pleather seats)
Ours (SWMBO and I) was a form/function order (X-Plan through the MCA), recently retired, no grandchildren in our foreseeable future, a few vehicles weighing anywhere from 2,268lbs to 4,860lbs to tow on a Trailex open trailer (investigating possible enclosed trailer upgrade for next year with SWMBO). We wanted the extra capacity for whatever life may throw at us, while being comfortable going all over the US. From past experience with our old 2000 Expedition, towing my enclosed race trailer/equipment, this was a great choice for us. I thought about a Timberline or Limited, but honestly, neither quite fit our particular wants, needs, or intended use. As for the seating, the heated and "ventilated" seats are a blessing that needs to be experienced to properly understand in both the humid heat of the summer, as well as the bitter cold of ski country.
With the newer, simplified ordering system in regards to packages, it was a no brainer, at least for us, to step up to the 202A

As for VIN and production date, I'm in no rush, but I am chomping at the bit, if you know what I mean.

Enjoy the ride.

Bill S.

Last edited:

John I

Reaction score
Congratulations on the newly ordered Expy, as well as recent retirement.

Do the 2022 XLTs still come with halogen headlights?

OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congratulations on the newly ordered Expy, as well as recent retirement.

Do the 2022 XLTs still come with halogen headlights?
No, the 2022 marks the upgrade to a revamped front end with LED lighting. I have yet to see this in person.
2022-headlights-jpg.71958

Attachments

• 2022.headlights.jpg
    2022.headlights.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
50T Special Edition package added to order this AM to make the wife happy for the 3 or 4 times a year she might drive it :D