2022 Expy announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like Blue Cruise is absent from the Canadian website but is present on the US Ford website. DAMN.

battlewagon

Reaction score
Nice about the Raptor engine in Timberline, Stealth Preformance and Platinum. Not so happy that it doesn't offer Timberline in Max
Where do you see that Timberline isn't available on the Max? I have to admit, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Timberline, but making it unavailable on the Max would seem like a big mistake for Ford.

This version of the screen looks better in my opinion... Seems like a good mix of buttons for HVAC and the screen for other functions

View attachment 70481
Completely agree, I much prefer the smaller screen. It will probably have reduced functionality though, or you will be forced to get the bigger screen with the higher trim packages.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where do you see that Timberline isn't available on the Max? I have to admit, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Timberline, but making it unavailable on the Max would seem like a big mistake for Ford.

Completely agree, I much prefer the smaller screen. It will probably have reduced functionality though, or you will be forced to get the bigger screen with the higher trim packages.
I really hope not. I think that big tablet screen is very polarizing. Not everyone likes it. Hope they have the "build and price" up on the website soon. Then we will know.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very curious to see what the payload is like on the higher option trim levels.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings...

Pros: Blue Cruise, Digital Gauge cluster, Timberline trim, HO Ecoboost with 440 hp/510 ft lbs, HD touchscreens for RES (wonder if it's still made by Voxx)
Cons: Front end design, all HVAC controls are via the touchscreen on the 15" display (should have left buttons/switches for HVAC like 2022 Super Duty), no PowerBoost option, no higher level suspension options (airsprings, adjustable ride height, etc)

I agree with your observation about the lack of HVAC control knobs or switches.

On my 2015 Expedtion Limited, the only way to access and adjust the rear HVAC controls from the front seats is to use the touch screen.

It is a VERY stupid design, that requires multiple taps on the screen (up to 9-10 taps to access and adjust the fan speed from low to high, or high to low).

This was the first vehicle I owned that did not have physical buttons or knobs for a basic function, and I will never buy another vehicle without them.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really hope not. I think that big tablet screen is very polarizing. Not everyone likes it. Hope they have the "build and price" up on the website soon. Then we will know.
If it's like the Explorer, the 15" screen will be part of the Premium Technology Package on the high trim levels which also comes with the nicer stereo and multi-contour seats. Doubt it will be a stand alone choice which would make too much sense.

Balikas

Reaction score

The new front-end styling allows for an approach angle of 28.5 degrees, up from 23.3 on the regular Expedition. That compares with 24 degrees on the Wagoneer but 31.5 on the Tahoe Z71. The Timberline’s 23.7-degree departure angle falls evenly between the Z71’s 21.5 and the Wagoneer’s 25 degrees. The Timberline will only be offered on the regular Expedition and not the stretched Expedition MAX, with its even-longer rear overhang.

I'm taking their word for it. Hopefully they are wrong. Sofar they seem to be the only place that makes that claim. Everyone else just talks about Timberline being available etc.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I attached the tech sheet, itll help clear some questions. So it looks like there's three power levels to the eb, the base for stx and xlt, which gets a 5hp upgrade. Ltd, kr, n plat get the 400hp opt, and tb n sp get the 440hp opt. The 15in screen is opt on ltd, but std on plat. I don't kno if it's std on kr or timberline, that wasnt clear on the media site, but I would assume there will be packages that bundle the luxury items on timberline, and most likely std on kr. 22 spkr sound system will be spectacular. Also, load leveling suspension will be optional, most likely on a tow pkg.

Seems to look nice. I like the plat version, could care less about the timber tbh as I don't offroad. The stealth looks great as well. I couldn't find the pic of the 12in(Scott posted it), but I like the 15in screen, and as I said before, has been positively received. I'm sure if you can get the 12in screen which has all the buttons most ppl want anyway on a ltd trim, most ppl on here will be satisfied. No mention of ac 2nd row seats, which sux. Other than that. I'm happy about it.

Attachments

• 22Expedition-Tech-Specs.pdf
    547.2 KB · Views: 55

stubbspy

Reaction score
So disappointed that the Timberline trim isn't available on the Max! That's the model I've been dreaming of (not that I'd complain about a factory lift too...).

battlewagon

Reaction score
That is a shame that you can't get the 440hp on the platinum. What a weird combo of trims.