2022 SPP Sport Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpeckvtpcs235

Reaction score
Hello, been driving now for a few days, 304a 4wd. When I put it in sport mode it switches to 4A from 2A and seems to rev really high even when i let of the gas. My 2019 did nothing like this, seems strange.
Anyone have the same issue?
thnx
Chris

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not an issue, they have always done this in sport mode. You can change It back to 2A after it switches. The high revving is part of the sport mode calibration. It may feel different because the engine is different on the spp you have now.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just as Rob said. Sport mode in most cars holds revs allowing you to hit the upper areas of the Rev band, upshifts late, downshifts early. This is normal behavior. The change to 4 A allows for high torque engines like ours to put down power on all 4 wheels. I found that change actually welcome! Unfortunately, we do not have paddles to manage the shifts ourselves in sport.... but that could quickly get tiring with 10 speeds:D