2022 Timberline - Frustrated Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pancho258

Reaction score
Wow, we’re on our second Expedition, 2018 to a 2022 Timberline and have not had one issue with the 2022. As far as the dealer, I agree with the others go to another dealer or call Ford direct. I buy from one dealer because they not only treat me right on purchases but there service is stellar.

well I had one minor issue. The plastic piece that routes air from the dash to the door was missing on the door panel. A complete door panel had to be ordered. Dropped the truck off and toward the end of the day the dealer called telling me that when they inspected the door panel it was discovered that a very small tare was found on the panel. They did not want to install so they reordered. Because of this they drove my truck back to the house so I did not have to go no pick it up. They even did door to door once the new panel came in.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can "push" the volume knob
That's interesting — you're talking about the physical ring you turn to adjust volume? I had no idea it could be pushed also...I tried pushing the ring and the screen went blank just displaying date, day of week, time, and temp. Pushing again went back to previous CarPlay screen.

OP
OP
K

KetMalice

Reaction score
Any updates on this OP? I’m amazed at the amount of issues here.

I just uploaded a bunch of videos of things not working properly for the dealership to see. They still aren’t fixing anything because Ford warranty denied everything. No code no fixy.

This is a new one, my “screen boots up as a Mach-E”, controls don’t work properly. Ford told me yesterday it’s doing that because electricity is getting stored in a fuse and so when it boots up it boots up like that. It makes no sense, but they said they are releasing the vehicle back to me. With no fix.

Attachments

• 2305841D-02C6-47EB-83D2-A889169FAA71.jpeg
    2305841D-02C6-47EB-83D2-A889169FAA71.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 18

TimberExpy

Reaction score

I just uploaded a bunch of videos of things not working properly for the dealership to see. They still aren’t fixing anything because Ford warranty denied everything. No code no fixy.

This is a new one, my “screen boots up as a Mach-E”, controls don’t work properly. Ford told me yesterday it’s doing that because electricity is getting stored in a fuse and so when it boots up it boots up like that. It makes no sense, but they said they are releasing the vehicle back to me. With no fix.
Well for what it’s worth, the one time I had to “reset” our Timberlines head unit screen (that far-left and far-right steering wheel button hold procedure), our system also showed a Mach-E photo and interface at first. After a few trips, it reset itself. It’s definitely weird.

But I’m curious as to what the heck they are talking about regarding a “fuse” storing electricity.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Have you spoken to Ford Customer Care, regarding the dealers inability / refusal to repair the problem? Some people here have had success going that route. I assume that because of passage of time and / or mileage that you are not able to go the Lemon Law route, correct?

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you spoken to Ford Customer Care, regarding the dealers inability / refusal to repair the problem? Some people here have had success going that route. I assume that because of passage of time and / or mileage that you are not able to go the Lemon Law route, correct?
Hey Glenn! :) Small world!

And I don't know how any of you like that huge screen?! It's nothing but issues and wasn't worth the extra money to me. Plus, I like the physical buttons lol

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Glenn! :) Small world!

And I don't know how any of you like that huge screen?! It's nothing but issues and wasn't worth the extra money to me. Plus, I like the physical buttons lol
Hey Matt, didn't know you had an Expy. I couldn't agree more about the giant screen, give me individual hard buttons that I don't need to look down at or dig through menus to find something all day long. One of the reasons I'm sticking with my 11 and 17 trucks.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Matt, didn't know you had an Expy. I couldn't agree more about the giant screen, give me individual hard buttons that I don't need to look down at or dig through menus to find something all day long. One of the reasons I'm sticking with my 11 and 17 trucks.
Yes...this my 2nd one now. I went with the stock 12" screen which I think is the perfect size for a full size truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani