2023 Expy Max Limited Sudden Jerk on Low speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stsysar

Reaction score
Something very odd happened today. I was making a left turn at a traffic light, as i was half way through the turn, the vehicle ****** hard as if someone hit the car. Anyone experienced this. I am concerned this is a tyranny issue. Only got the car in January 2023. Now have 15000miles.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something very odd happened today. I was making a left turn at a traffic light, as i was half way through the turn, the vehicle ****** hard as if someone hit the car. Anyone experienced this. I am concerned this is a tyranny issue. Only got the car in January 2023. Now have 15000miles.

The only suggestion I have is to take it to a Ford dealer for evaluation (possible stored trouble codes) under terms of your warranty or power train warranty.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what is the date(s) when your vehicle and transmission were built?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took delivery in early Jauary 2023. It was build in December 2022.
No trouble lights came on during or after.

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4. Never used for towing - strictly passenger use (it has the 6-speed transmission).

The vehicle began shuddering on slight acceleration on flat roads. I made an appointment at the dealer - but it took about 8-10 days. About 1 year prior to the issue, I had the fluid and filter changed at the dealer (not a flush).

The technician drove the vehicle while I waited. He eventually returned and said the transmission failed while he was driving it - it locked into 2nd gear. He said he retrieved various failure codes - but there was no warning lights illuminated.

The transmission was rebuilt by Ford (3 months due to lack of parts).

My point is that it is possible to have a severe transmission issue with no warning lights.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Noted. I will get it checked out at the next l oil change. I really hope I don't have tranny failure on the vehicle less than a year old. The reliability is really lacking....

mike123

Reaction score
unfortunately it is tranny failure
i have same problem

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 12.35.39.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 12.35.39.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 20
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 12.36.15.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 12.36.15.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 20