2023 Ordering Timeline Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrk341

Reaction score
Ordered 23 Limited 4x4 304A stealth on 10/23 just got email from Ford saying scheduled build on 12/5 week. Kinda surprised didn't think it would be that soon. Haven't even seen when 23 production was to start. Rear window express down and rear hatch foot opening deleted by Ford due to supply issues I got email a few days after order.
I believe production is to start 11-15.

peoples1234

Reaction score
Ordered 2023 Expy Platinum, Infinite Blue, with Carmelo interior. 600a, HD trailer tow, roof rails, Second row bench, ControlTrac eLSD, delete foot assist tailgate

Ordered at dealer: 08/22/22
Email confirmation from FoMoCo: 08/22/22

Oct 11th: Production date 11/21 and VIN
Oct 25th: Production date 11/28
Nov 1st: Production date 12/05

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
2023 Expedition Timberline ordered 9/27
Stone Blue, 501A w/ HD Tow
Order confirmed 9/27
email on 10/11 -production week of 11/28
later evening 10/11 -production week to 12/12
email on 10/25 -production week changed to 12/5

ddlbugger

Reaction score
Are you guys really "ordering"? I think you get one of the dealer allocations if the package generally matches then they tweak to match your selections. Like if you order a 600A package but want the tow package or eLSD then they just add it. I believe you are at the mercy of the dealership burning one of their allocations on you and you may not be their best deal so.....
Did anyone actually sign a binding contract?

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
Are you guys really "ordering"

Did anyone actually sign a binding contract?

Yes, I believe most of the people responding in this thread have ordered vehicles, which Ford will build specifically equipped for that customer. If I understand correctly they will have green Special Order window stickers vs typical blue ones.

I imagine most of them have a signed Buyer’s Order as I do, which shows the agreed upon price based on MSRP at time of the order. Good luck everybody!!

rappmel

Reaction score
I ordered my 2023 expedition max limited 302a on sept 14. Have received order confirmation and a 45 day I’m sorry we still don’t have the right parts type of email. Starting to get frustrating reading through and see everyone else getting build dates.

1Dippin

Reaction score
2023 Expedition Limited Stealth 303A with Sync 4A

Ordered: Sept 27th
Confirmed: Sept 27th

No word on production date or VIN or anything else yet. I’m having far better luck with my 2023 F150 Lariat build; Nov 21st production on the truck.

HandWBeaz15

Reaction score
Getting ready to order a '23 for my wife. Dealer (SC Michigan) stated 6-8 months lead time. Black XLT 202A + moonroof, nothing crazy on the build. Will let everyone know how it progresses.

John Auer

Reaction score
I am sorry for the tangent, but curious as to the reason for deleting the auto rear window up/down? It has never occurred to me.
We took delivery of our ‘22 on 09/30/22. Several options were deleted due to the chip shortage, one of which was the rear window auto up/down. The others were auto park, massaging seats and foot operated tailgate. No big deal losing any of those options. I wish the auto stop/start feature was deleted, but that wasn’t an option on our truck.

bova80

Reaction score
Placed an order for a Limited on Friday. Went with 302a package and 2nd row bench. Black exterior and Mahogany interior. Wanted the Sync 4a 15” screen, but dealer said due to it being a “limited commodity” they couldn’t add it to the build.