2023 Ordering Timeline Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben245

Reaction score
I’ve ordered two Fords in the last year and like many, wished for more specificity around timelines. I thought it would be helpful to start a thread dedicated to ordering timelines where people share dates so future buyers can (maybe) understand expected timelines. Please post your dates as they come (order in, window sticker produced, scheduled for production, built, shipped, delivered).

I’ll go first:

Ordered 2023 Expy Timberline, Dark Matter with black interior. 501a, HD trailer tow, delete start/stop, delete foot assist tailgate, delete auto rear window up/down.

Dealer estimate 4-5 months to delivery with guidance that they have seen 8 weeks to 9 months.

Ordered at dealer: 10/21/22
Email confirmation from FoMoCo: 10/21/22

10/27/22: Scheduled for production on December 5 2022

Ill update when there is progress.

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve ordered two Fords in the last year and like many, wished for more specificity around timelines. I thought it would be helpful to start a thread dedicated to ordering timelines where people share dates so future buyers can (maybe) understand expected timelines. Please post your dates as they come (order in, window sticker produced, scheduled for production, built, shipped, delivered).

I’ll go first:

Ordered 2023 Expy Timberline, Dark Matter with black interior. 501a, HD trailer tow, delete start/stop, delete foot assist tailgate, delete auto rear window up/down.

Dealer estimate 4-5 months to delivery with guidance that they have seen 8 weeks to 9 months.

Ordered at dealer: 10/21/22
Email confirmation from FoMoCo: 10/21/22

10/27/22: Scheduled for production on December 5 2022

Ill update when there is progress.
Good luck!

RacerBX1

Reaction score
Ordered the EXACT (color and options) as OP on 8/23, minus the auto 2nd row window delete because that wasn’t there at the time of my order. Talked to the salesman today because of the OP’s post, and as of today (10/27) build scheduled for week of 12/5. Now how long it sits in KTP’s parking lot is a different story, but here’s hoping.

bigwilly

Reaction score
Limited Max SPP 304A, Dark Matter. HD Tow, CCD Suspension, ControlTrac w/ ELSD, second row bench.
Ordered 9/6/22
Scheduled for production 10/11/22 for week of 11/28/22

ColoradoJason

Reaction score
2023 XLT Max 4x4
High Package 202A, Special Edition, ContrlTrac with E-LSD, 2nd row bench, HD tow
Dark Matter Metallic and Sandstone

Ordered: 9/27
Order Confirmation: 9/27
Scheduled for Production #1: 11/28 production, emailed on 10/11
Scheduled for Production #2: 12/12 production, emailed on 10/11 (6 hrs later)
Scheduled for Production #3: 12/5 production, emailed on 10/25

ColoradoJason

Reaction score

I am sorry for the tangent, but curious as to the reason for deleting the auto rear window up/down? It has never occurred to me.

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am sorry for the tangent, but curious as to the reason for deleting the auto rear window up/down? It has never occurred to me.
I am interested as well. I have had that in my last couple of cars and it is extremely valuable to me. I imagine it could be a couple of things - either a parts issue (semiconductor?), or a liability issue - has there been some kid or dog that got injured by the window closing on them?

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
Other than supply chain issues, I have no idea, but the auto rear window delete is a "Required Option" in the Model Year 23 Expedition Order Guide. (As are both the Auto Start stop and Hands-Free liftgate removals).

jrk341

Reaction score
We ordered my wife's on 9-9. Got a schedule of 11-28 then 6hrs later got moved to the week of 12-12. Then on 10-25 got another schedule bump to 12-5. We ordered Iconic silver with black interior tow package and second row bench seat.

gtoaddict

Reaction score
Ordered 23 Limited 4x4 304A stealth on 10/23 just got email from Ford saying scheduled build on 12/5 week. Kinda surprised didn't think it would be that soon. Haven't even seen when 23 production was to start. Rear window express down and rear hatch foot opening deleted by Ford due to supply issues I got email a few days after order.