2024 Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Montana-TN

Reaction score
Can the rear switches controlling the third row seating be disabled?
I have a big dog who likes to push buttons.
This was a big problem with another vehicle. The only solution then was to fabricate an alternate cover for the switches.

OP
OP
M

Montana-TN

Reaction score
Thank you, I will dig around in the system and find it.
Hopefully an easy find and fix, really appreciate the response. Guess I'm guilty of asking a question rather than looking in the manual. I'm an old angry guy and I hate using the built-in manual system. Who at Ford decided it was better to do that than provide a hard copy.... (minor venting, sorry)
Sorry so long responding. Been very busy building a nice barrier between the cargo area and second row seating. A solid barrier keeps the dog calmer on long trips. Can never find anything decent and substantial enough on the market so built one myself to look as factory as possible. Final touches now will post some pictures in the appropriate section once final installation is complete.

OP
OP
M

Montana-TN

Reaction score
Didn't know if I should start a new thread or not, I'll see if I can get any new responses.
Looked through all the operational features and even went to the manual, I could not find anything about disabling the third row seat buttons in the back.
I would be happy to hear any further advice about this task.
There must be a way to do it but they certainly do not make it easy. I would think it is a huge liability for Ford not to include such a simple programming change during development.
Looking forward to hearing from somebody about this issue.
Thanks,