2025 Expedition details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlakeMAX2019

Reaction score
They can shove all those screens up their @$$. I have absolutely zero interest in that. If they fixed the 2 decade old rear suspension, I might consider one. Until then, they can keep their electronic nightmares.

I've been buying older used cars, because I absolutely hate this screen garbage. All the screens do is lag and lag and force you to menu surf.
I absolutely agree with the gigantic screens! Call me old (49) but I personally have no need for them. Get rid of them, they don’t age well and if the ever go bad, mucho $$&. ditto the rear suspension, not sure if it’s our particular expedition (2019 Max) but the suspension is horrible…a 1979 Chevy 1 Ton dually has a softer ride than our Max. Jarres, bounces, and throws you around over the smallest imperfections in the road. With a truck this big, I want a soft comfortable ride that can absorb any bumps, not a sports car!

Danm355

Reaction score
They can shove all those screens up their @$$. I have absolutely zero interest in that. If they fixed the 2 decade old rear suspension, I might consider one. Until then, they can keep their electronic nightmares.

I've been buying older used cars, because I absolutely hate this screen garbage. All the screens do is lag and lag and force you to menu surf.
I haven't had any problems with my 15.5" screen. Everything has worked perfect.

sctom1

Reaction score
I have been considering an Expy is for a few years, but now count me out. The last one I was looking at was a 23 limited where I could get the smaller screen and actual push buttons. I’m not one for all the gimmicks, I’m one for a softer smoother ride. Ford is going the absolute wrong way. Maybe they just haven’t had enough recalls already to set a world record?

TonyR0206

Reaction score
i don't experience any bugs on the 15.5 display, and after the last update for temp/fan/seat control with the rotary knob, I don't find anything in the interface difficult to use. The digital display is one of my favorite features of the truck; can it be improved? Sure, like most things.
I like the 15" display. Once in a while it freezes and I have to reset it, which only takes five seconds. My biggest gripe with the screen is not being able to set the temperature for the whole cabin at once. You have to set the front and then access another menu to set the rear temperature. It'd be nice to have a button to synchronize the front and rear, so when you set the temperature, it sets it for the front and rear at the same time. Other than that nuisance, I miss having a HUD.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been considering an Expy is for a few years, but now count me out. The last one I was looking at was a 23 limited where I could get the smaller screen and actual push buttons. I’m not one for all the gimmicks, I’m one for a softer smoother ride. Ford is going the absolute wrong way. Maybe they just haven’t had enough recalls already to set a world record?

It's funny you say that, most people find the ccd suspension too soft, aND without the ccd, people find it too hard. If you don't want the gimmicks and large screen, don't get one with it, ford sells the expedition without it. It's so weird to me when people complain about the some of the features, when ford sells the truck without the features.

I'm like you, I'd rather have a soft cushy ride, but I'd also like everything that makes my Long 18+ hr drives comfortable, which includes a good sound system, comfy seats with the massage, driving aids, and better leather.

sctom1

Reaction score
Europe is trending to requiring more buttons per the link below. Yeay!!!
Here is an idea. Build a long lasting vehicle requiring few repairs while thinking less about return to stockholders, lower the CEO’s compensation, and drop the stupid gimmicks unless they can be purchased a la carte like in the older days (not requiring them in upgraded packages). For a 2024 Expy, if I want a basic interior color (black) in the Ltd trim, I must go up to the stealth package with the big screen.
Oh, maybe that’s why nearly every Toyota and Lexus is sold even before it is built, but our Big 3 are awash in unsold vehicles. And compare depreciation. I want to keep Americans working, but maybe Americans working for Toyota in TN or for BMW in SC is acceptable. Those brands are not perfect, but Ford is getting further away from perfect every year.

Just to put this into perspective, I have owned Fords continuously for the last 35+ years, and mostly 2 at a time. Only 2 second cars were not Ford in those years.
But now I just don't have the trust in Ford like I used to. I wish that would change.
Excuse me while I go tend to another recall on both of my Explorers…

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Europe is trending to requiring more buttons per the link below. Yeay!!!
Here is an idea. Build a long lasting vehicle requiring few repairs while thinking less about return to stockholders, lower the CEO’s compensation, and drop the stupid gimmicks unless they can be purchased a la carte like in the older days (not requiring them in upgraded packages). For a 2024 Expy, if I want a basic interior color (black) in the Ltd trim, I must go up to the stealth package with the big screen.
Oh, maybe that’s why nearly every Toyota and Lexus is sold even before it is built, but our Big 3 are awash in unsold vehicles. And compare depreciation. I want to keep Americans working, but maybe Americans working for Toyota in TN or for BMW in SC is acceptable. Those brands are not perfect, but Ford is getting further away from perfect every year.

Just to put this into perspective, I have owned Fords continuously for the last 35+ years, and mostly 2 at a time. Only 2 second cars were not Ford in those years.
But now I just don't have the trust in Ford like I used to. I wish that would change.
Excuse me while I go tend to another recall on both of my Explorers…

I get your sentiment. I hate that ford is actually really good at innovation with its products, but bad with quality, esp now. Also, the 15in screen is optional on all limited trims to include the stealth performance package, 12 in screen is standard on all. If there's one thing we can appreciate about Ford, it's their options packages.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_140533_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_140533_OneDrive.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 11

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ford did have the highest number of safety recalls, and the highest number of recalled vehicles in 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire