21" LED light bar install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trucker14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the same light bar recently. I love how it looks on yours. I was debating if it was going on my Jeep Wrangler or the Expedition. Lol. But where you mounted it is exactly where I was thinking about as well and I think you sold me on it lol. Where did you mount you switch and how did you run your wires to the switch?

OP
OP
Judge Mills

Judge Mills

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the same light bar recently. I love how it looks on yours. I was debating if it was going on my Jeep Wrangler or the Expedition. Lol. But where you mounted it is exactly where I was thinking about as well and I think you sold me on it lol. Where did you mount you switch and how did you run your wires to the switch?
I'm still looking for a better way to route my wires in to the cab. The firewall is real tight, and I don't see a good place to get in to an existing opening. For now it's going through the wire boot on the passenger side door. The switch for now is just wedged between the front console and dash until I get an afternoon to mount my "Bigfoot lights" switch. I haven't decided if it's going on the dash or on the overhead console. I'll post pictures when I do.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got mine relocated behind the grill today didn't relize the dang blue oval would be blocking that much of it though still shines bright

20170129_172234.jpg

20170129_172426.jpg

20170129_170448.jpg

OP
OP
Judge Mills

Judge Mills

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, that is blocking a lot. My oval blocks some, but not quite like that.

OP
OP
Judge Mills

Judge Mills

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can the light bar be connected to the fog lights?
Sure could! Something to consider, you wouldn't be able to use your fogs on a busy road... I use my fogs quite a bit without my lightbar

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a better way to route my wires in to the cab. The firewall is real tight, and I don't see a good place to get in to an existing opening. For now it's going through the wire boot on the passenger side door. The switch for now is just wedged between the front console and dash until I get an afternoon to mount my "Bigfoot lights" switch. I haven't decided if it's going on the dash or on the overhead console. I'll post pictures when I do.

I know you posted this last year, but FWIW I strung some 10" cable ties together and then cable tied my wire onto the second cable tie. Once I pulled the wire through I just cut the cable tie and removed it. The cable ties' stiffness makes it so you can jam them through that tight space fairly easily.

jim midd

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Not sure if it's because I have different options, but in my '03 XLT there was an empty rubber plug on the drivers side firewall. It's pretty big and is the PERFECT place to bring in wires. If you open the hood and look on the drivers side, toward the center you should see it. Just pull that out from engine compartment, drill a small hole in center and feed your wires through it. Wires will come out high in the drivers side footwell, toward the center console.

From there it's a breeze to put a switch on your center console. I have a couple there and even ran some to the overhead console . This was a bit of a pain but I also don't worry about them getting turned on accidentally up there.

My truck is at the beach right now ( and i'm not) otherwise I'd snap a couple picts. This is by far the best, and easiest place to bring wires in that I've found. Again, you may have different options than me, so your truck may have wires going through it already, but on my truck it was completely empty.

Last edited: