22 Expedition 15” screen - Rear Climate Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KetMalice

Reaction score
So I’m in Oklahoma and it’s getting really hot now. I have a 5 year old and I will have a newborn in about a month.

The rear climate I believe defaults to blow on the feet, which means you don’t get any airflow. With the 15” screen you can’t change the rear vent selection from the front that I can tell. Small children can’t reach the knobs. I’ve started reaching back and asking my son to tell me when I’m in the head to be able to get the air to blow from the top. There has to be a better way and there has to be a ton of people with children and the same issue. What’s the solution?

BrianA

Reaction score
I had the same exact issue and attempted to take it in as a qc warranty issue and was told it is designed like that. Dumbest thing I've heard. Why would I not be able to control this stuff from front?

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just tried it on my 22 Limited and you can adjust where the airflow from the 15" screen. Top vents in roof or bottom near feet.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I’m in Oklahoma and it’s getting really hot now. I have a 5 year old and I will have a newborn in about a month.

The rear climate I believe defaults to blow on the feet, which means you don’t get any airflow. With the 15” screen you can’t change the rear vent selection from the front that I can tell. Small children can’t reach the knobs. I’ve started reaching back and asking my son to tell me when I’m in the head to be able to get the air to blow from the top. There has to be a better way and there has to be a ton of people with children and the same issue. What’s the solution?
Hit the auto button on top when on the screen for the rear. It will default to top vents if blowing cold air.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Paperback manual? I just got a '22 Limited yesterday it has a "Supplemental Owner's Guide".

It's very basic and I'm wondering if there is a more detailed owner's guide that I didn't get.

I'm going from a '17 Expy to this and there's lots more gizmos to learn. A guide would help in addition to the instructions given from the big screen.

Pancho258

Reaction score
The complete owners manual is available online in pdf format. i downloaded into my Ipad and can read it anywhere.

some of old guys are tech savvy :)