22 limited max with HD tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone has “weight limit” alert come on the display screen while towing? We have the 15” screen. Towed my 23’ enclosed snowmobile trailer which is 2800# empty with one sled in this weekend. I was in tow/haul mode. I got this alert a few times while going slow pulling up to a stop sign but never traveling at speed. Thought it was very strange as I was not overloaded or close to it. I can’t find anything on this alert on my searches on the inner webs.
What is the payload capacity of your vehicle?

zoey2015

Reaction score
Has anyone has “weight limit” alert come on the display screen while towing? We have the 15” screen. Towed my 23’ enclosed snowmobile trailer which is 2800# empty with one sled in this weekend. I was in tow/haul mode. I got this alert a few times while going slow pulling up to a stop sign but never traveling at speed. Thought it was very strange as I was not overloaded or close to it. I can’t find anything on this alert on my searches on the inner webs.
I’ve been towing a 16’ enclosed trailer with 4 full size adventure motorcycles many times without any messages like yours. Mine is 2018 limited with the 302A, CCD, 22” wheels and HD package. I always have 4 adults with our full sized luggage and riding gear in the trunk. The trailer with bikes in weigh close to 5K with 600 pounds of tongue weight plus about 60 pounds of weight distribution hitch. Not exactly the same as yours but might help for your reference

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been towing a 16’ enclosed trailer with 4 full size adventure motorcycles many times without any messages like yours. Mine is 2018 limited with the 302A, CCD, 22” wheels and HD package. I always have 4 adults with our full sized luggage and riding gear in the trunk. The trailer with bikes in weigh close to 5K with 600 pounds of tongue weight plus about 60 pounds of weight distribution hitch. Not exactly the same as yours but might help for your reference
Your weight distribution hitch may make a difference. I guess OP used a regular hitch, which put most of the tongue weight on rear axle, when had this specific message.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65