2nd row Captain chairs to bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmcrae

Reaction score
So I’m referring to another person that did this as well from another forum. See this link below

I have not begun to tackle this so I’m just going off what other have done. So you were able to simply cut the holes in the carpet and bolt the middle seat in?

I purchased a platinum middle seat so I’ll see if it’s any different.
Have you finished this? We are having trouble using the slide and tilt feature with ours. We added the same trim level bench seat.

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
You can just remove the center jump seat (four floor bolts) and you'll have captains but without the armrests. You'll need floor mats or a Navi center console to cover the holes leftover.
That's what I was planning on doing, but my wife wants the armrests and nothing in the center.

OP
OP
K

kmart223

Reaction score
Have you finished this? We are having trouble using the slide and tilt feature with ours. We added the same trim level bench seat.
Haven’t done it yet, hopefully next week.

As for your issue. If you only bought the center seat vs the whole bench you need to change the plastic trim on your captains chairs.
JL1Z-7862186-AN
JL1Z-7862187-AN
The “AN” is the color code for black.
The plastic is a lot thinner than the captains chairs. Should fix your issue.

pmcrae

Reaction score
Haven’t done it yet, hopefully next week.

As for your issue. If you only bought the center seat vs the whole bench you need to change the plastic trim on your captains chairs.
JL1Z-7862186-AN
JL1Z-7862187-AN
The “AN” is the color code for black.
The plastic is a lot thinner than the captains chairs. Should fix your issue.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have someone who dies vinyl repair repair the hole. I have had leather and vinyl repaired successfully.