304a B&O audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taylor910

Reaction score
Have you been in or owned a 18-21expy at all to note the difference btw the two systems?

I remember testing a ram with the harmon which sounded phenomenal, as well as a wagoneer with the Macintosh, though I thought the macs lows sounded gritty and choppy at times. Did u like the hk over b&o, are you rate them the same?
I cannot compare to another expy. I did enjoy the harmon system, I feel it was better balanced. The expy seems to boost vocals and lack low end. Switching to surround from stereo helps a little.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cannot compare to another expy. I did enjoy the harmon system, I feel it was better balanced. The expy seems to boost vocals and lack low end. Switching to surround from stereo helps a little.

Oh no, weird as I remember my 18 being rele good at the low end with bass and tones.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys. B&O, Revel, JBL, Infinity. Mark Levinson are all Harman brands. Same goes for Harman Kardon in the RAM pickups. They sound different due to different OE (Ford, RAM) specifications. Different amps and speakers for sure. Different EQ's.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weak bass and muddy, inconsistent lows. That’s my experience also. Mids and highs are fine and clear, and overall you can crank it up without distortion. But it is not balanced, and the lack of any strong lows, or punchy bass makes it sound pretty lame. JBL and Bose kick the crap out of this B&O system.

Disappointing that the 2022 still suffers from the same anemic shortcomings. ah well, nothing that Crutchfield can’t fix… but for this price point you expect better.

OP
OP

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weak bass and muddy, inconsistent lows. That’s my experience also. Mids and highs are fine and clear, and overall you can crank it up without distortion. But it is not balanced, and the lack of any strong lows, or punchy bass makes it sound pretty lame. JBL and Bose kick the crap out of this B&O system.

Disappointing that the 2022 still suffers from the same anemic shortcomings. ah well, nothing that Crutchfield can’t fix… but for this price point you expect better.
yeah, I did tons of upgrades to my 2018 to get it to sound great. But this new package in 2022 looks to be a totally different animal. 1000W, 22 speakers, DSP. I'm trying to get my dealer to find a car in town with it so I can compare. If it sounds as good/better than mine, I'm putting an order in for a 22 MAX.

Jarf11106

Reaction score
Frankly I am unimpressed with the B&O in my 2018 Platinum.
hopefully the 2022 is improved?
The bass hits weakly, and then tapers off from there.
If the amp is driving a lot of midrange, it “steals” juice from the sub in the back. you can hear the sub drop off to almost 6X9 level hits… it’s pretty bad.

My wife’s 2014 Toyota has the premium JBL system, and it blows mine out of the water. In clarity, detail, power, bass… you name it.
Doesn't the 2018 only have a 12 speaker system with sub from B&O?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right, Jarf asked about the 12 speaker system of the 18 as we were comparing the 22 spkr system to the 12 spkr system. I was just confirming the 12 spkr unit in the 18 carried over to the 22.

I liked the 12 spkr system alot, so I'm glad the 22 spkr system is better. Can anyone confirm that the 22 spkr system is more dynamic sounding then the 12 spkr system? My biggest gripe with the 12 spk was that it sounded somewhat flat. It wouldn't push vocals, solos, specific instruments etc. I was comparing to my 09 navs 14 spk system which was very dynamic (overall a better system, but not as strong).