304a B&O audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlogan

Reaction score
I may not be an audiophile but the Sony system in my 2015 ltd is pretty decent, HD radio makes a huge difference. I drove a 2018 without HD radio and it was a deal breaker. Sirius tuner/compression is notoriously not great either IMO.
Hoping the 2022 is an improvement.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right, Jarf asked about the 12 speaker system of the 18 as we were comparing the 22 spkr system to the 12 spkr system. I was just confirming the 12 spkr unit in the 18 carried over to the 22.

I liked the 12 spkr system alot, so I'm glad the 22 spkr system is better. Can anyone confirm that the 22 spkr system is more dynamic sounding then the 12 spkr system? My biggest gripe with the 12 spk was that it sounded somewhat flat. It wouldn't push vocals, solos, specific instruments etc. I was comparing to my 09 navs 14 spk system which was very dynamic (overall a better system, but not as strong).
I could be wrong but I though the 12 spkr system does not use a DSP. if that's true, I would absolutely say the sound would be more dynamic, although maybe not quite as pure.

bstard2001

Reaction score
I haven't heard the upgraded system in the 22 yet but IMO nothing beats an aftermarket system done right. I have an aftermarket build in my current ST and all I can say is wow, looking to have it taken out and installed in the Expedition Limited we plan on purchasing in the near future.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am confused. I have a 22 Limited with 12 speaker system. Does it come with “Unleashed?” Is this a setting I need to turn on? Thanks everyone!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am confused. I have a 22 Limited with 12 speaker system. Does it come with “Unleashed?” Is this a setting I need to turn on? Thanks everyone!
Unleashed is the upgraded b&o system only available on spp(opt), kr and platinum(std). The mid grade b&o system is only in ltd(301,302, stealth) and opt in timberline.

Steve5472

Reaction score
Do they not do the speakers in the headrest for the Unleashed system or was that just an F150 thing?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they not do the speakers in the headrest for the Unleashed system or was that just an F150 thing?
Just tbe F150. The Expedition has headliner speakers. See attached.

Attachments

• B_amp_O_2022_Expedition_English_US.pdf
    411 KB · Views: 11

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The system is really good. Its important to never use Sirrus XM to test with. Sat feeds sound like crap a lot of times due to bandwidth limitations and them down sampling the feeds to a crappier bitrate to have more channels.