3rd Gen air ride to coil overs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southbayaaron

Reaction score
upload_2020-12-31_9-12-48.png
Josh- good timing with this post. I have a 2009 Limited with the air ride and am getting quotes from Les Schwab (Tire/Suspension shop in WA) for suspension/tire/wheel upgrades. Not trying to hijack your thread at all, but to provide a little background, I'm looking to copy Kjhawkeye1 as close as possible and have obtained 2019 Raptor take-off wheels for the upgrade to better off-road oriented set up. Les Schwab told me they might leave the air ride alone... I'm unsure if I want it or not. I am trying to research without asking a bunch of "asked and answered, search the archives" type questions but am getting to the point where I am about to cut a check and prefer to "cry once" rather than do it wrong and have to pay more to do it right.

I see zero reviews posted for the strutmasters conversion kit. Can anyone testify experiences (good or bad) with this company in any capacity?

In doing some preliminary research, it seems to be a good company tailored for what we are looking to do. The lift kit package you linked includes 2" spacers. The kit does not include the suspension warning light module, but they say to call to get a special value price with the kit.

Southbayaaron

Reaction score
I realize I’m talking to myself here, but I’m sharing that I’ve decided to go a different route. Looking at a ready lift 3/2 and 285/70/17s, and am replacing my air suspension with KYB strut plus front and rear. I realize the tire could possibly go 285/75/17, but will likely get the more conservative size which will hopefully pay off with a good ride & mpg.

Also- if your Expedition has the setup options to select on/off for the air ride, I believe you can just select “off” and not throw any codes. Let me know if I’m wrong there. Anyone. Anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh Kerstetter
Reaction score
I realize I’m talking to myself here, but I’m sharing that I’ve decided to go a different route. Looking at a ready lift 3/2 and 285/70/17s, and am replacing my air suspension with KYB strut plus front and rear. I realize the tire could possibly go 285/75/17, but will likely get the more conservative size which will hopefully pay off with a good ride & mpg.

Also- if your Expedition has the setup options to select on/off for the air ride, I believe you can just select “off” and not throw any codes. Let me know if I’m wrong there. Anyone. Anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did it turn out?