3rd shock blown out on 2018 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Add me to the list. I went in for an oil change today and they said all four of mine are leaking. 2018 Limited with 13k miles. Yikes!

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Add me to the list. I went in for an oil change today and they said all four of mine are leaking. 2018 Limited with 13k miles. Yikes!

Do you have the 302A package with CCD shocks & 22" wheels on your Limited, or the regular shocks with 20" wheels? Seems like most of the posts so far have been for the regular shocks leaking and not the CCD shocks, so just curious.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the 302A package with CCD shocks & 22" wheels on your Limited, or the regular shocks with 20" wheels? Seems like most of the posts so far have been for the regular shocks leaking and not the CCD shocks, so just curious.
I have the regular shocks with the 20" wheels.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The CCD shocks are a premium shock obviously. The standard shocks are inexpensive lower quality pieces that sure don't hold up.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are the FX4 shocks holding up??

I see my front FX4 shocks have some weepage that returns when I clean it.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are the FX4 shocks holding up??

I see my front FX4 shocks have some weepage that returns when I clean it.

I do not believe the shocks on the FX4 are different than what is on everything else. Pretty sure they are the same garbage shocks and will leak at any moment. I think the two options are the garbage shocks and the CCD. I haven't heard of anyone with the CCD having issues.

I brought the trailer home from storage (just a 2 mile trip) and it seemed to feel better ie have less bounce over bumps. We will be on the road with the trailer all next week so it will get a good workout.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
I do not believe the shocks on the FX4 are different than what is on everything else. Pretty sure they are the same garbage shocks and will leak at any moment. I think the two options are the garbage shocks and the CCD.

The FX4 comes with "Off Road Tuned" shocks, so there's something different about them than the "garbage shocks" or the CCD. The FX4 certainly rides differently than the base XLT's. Whether that difference makes them less or more likely to leak is another thing entirely.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The FX4 comes with "Off Road Tuned" shocks, so there's something different about them than the "garbage shocks" or the CCD. The FX4 certainly rides differently than the base XLT's. Whether that difference makes them less or more likely to leak is another thing entirely.
Good to know, I am curious what shocks they have on it. My xlt has the same tires and wheels that come on some of the FX4's. I just kind of assumed the fx4 had the same shocks too.

acf83

Reaction score
took mine into the dealer and both back shocks had to be ordered. They stated that they are on backorder. UGH

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
took mine into the dealer and both back shocks had to be ordered. They stated that they are on backorder. UGH

When I bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, the RF shock began to leak by the first oil change. The dealer order the shock, but is was on back-order then and took about a month to arrive at the dealer.

Ford still hasn't figured out how to install quality shocks and keep them in stock. Sad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360