4DTech Auto Start/Stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're blinkers are on of course.

I support this. Many many vehicles flash a warning on the dash if you flip on your blinker while someone is in your blind spot...”hey dummy, there’s someone there!!!” By no means do I rely solely on the BLISS to change lanes, but I’m not perfect and I’ve almost changed lanes into someone before; something a little more obvious than a tiny blinking light on the wing mirror would be helpful.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly, the $99.00 version takes nothing more than plugging into the OBDI port? No wires to hook up?

OP
OP
U

UpsideDownIn

Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly, the $99.00 version takes nothing more than plugging into the OBDI port? No wires to hook up?

That's what it looks like. There seems to be a slight power draw when the truck is off, but the maker mentioned it can be left off for weeks with no problems.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interestingly....my Auto On/Off on my 2018 worked for the first six months or so. Hasn't activated in the past two years which is okay by me. Strange?

OP
OP
U

UpsideDownIn

Reaction score
Interestingly....my Auto On/Off on my 2018 worked for the first six months or so. Hasn't activated in the past two years which is okay by me. Strange?

Certain conditions will turn it off. If you are in 4-wheel drive mode or any non-normal driving mode it gets turned off, along with car temp (warming up), anything that requires more power (i.e. keeping up with climate control), and if you are towing.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! They came out with a new version. It works like the other Auto Start Stop eliminator, but it looks like the install might be easier.

For everything I do going through the OBDII(Programming, Tuning, Logging), I will still be going with this:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/...on-autostop-eliminator?variant=29396654161984

The harness type. That works with 2020. I don’t want anything that would either occupy the port, or interfere with the Data signal during programming or logging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
@LokiWolf , is the autostopeliminator you provided a link to still the best way (in your estimation) to go? This is the single most important change I want to make. Double honk is next.....

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf , is the autostopeliminator you provided a link to still the best way (in your estimation) to go? This is the single most important change I want to make. Double honk is next.....

Yes! The harness based one is the better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@LokiWolf , thanks again!

So I ordered the Autostop Eliminator using the link provided by @LokiWolf and discovered a discount code that worked just now. Use the discount code FBGM and it takes 15% off. Shipping was also free but don't know if the code was responsible for that. So, the harness version was listed at $89.99 - $13.49 = $76.50 with free shipping. Just in case anyone else is interested and likes saving a couple of bucks.
FYI, make sure you purchase off that site. It appears some others are out there that are cheap knockoffs that I was directed to while searching for a discount code.