4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The license is free but you need to register and then apply for it on their website. The odds of causing irreversible and permanent damage are pretty small but they do exist. Like mossback said, if you’re afraid of messing something up, be sure to back up all the control units and then stick to the documented modifications. If you’re feeling adventurous and don’t mind poking around, you want to have an idea what you are changing and a way to verify said changes because what might do one thing on an F150 might do something different on an Expy or Navigator.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The license is free but you need to register and then apply for it on their website. The odds of causing irreversible and permanent damage are pretty small but they do exist. Like mossback said, if you’re afraid of messing something up, be sure to back up all the control units and then stick to the documented modifications. If you’re feeling adventurous and don’t mind poking around, you want to have an idea what you are changing and a way to verify said changes because what might do one thing on an F150 might do something different on an Expy or Navigator.
So your original post showing the code, is the description that’s shown on your post also show up in the FORScan or did you add that just to explain what the code is for? I would assume there are some differences between the Lincoln and Ford programming.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the cost for the license? I’ve seen on a f150 forum lots of things that you can change and it looks neat, I’d probably make a few changes to my Navigator. What’s the actual risk of screwing up and bricking you truck?
The license is currently free. You sign in and they give you a code that works for 60 days. Then you renew the license. Eventually they will start charging for the software.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, right now the extended license is free and like ExpyAndy said, it will most likely need to be purchased in the future.

This right now is my main objective with FORScan. I want to find out if its possible to enable Auto Hold and whether it can be done simply with software or if it will require additional hardware to inject a CAN message to cause it to be active every time the vehicle starts.

2018 Navigator Auto Hold.jpg ABS As-Built Comparison.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, right now the extended license is free and like ExpyAndy said, it will most likely need to be purchased in the future.

This right now is my main objective with FORScan. I want to find out if its possible to enable Auto Hold and whether it can be done simply with software or if it will require additional hardware to inject a CAN message to cause it to be active every time the vehicle starts.

View attachment 23015 View attachment 23016
What is Auto Hold?

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why in the heck would you need or even want to have this feature on all the time?
If you live in San Francisco or a similar hilly place it would be nice. There are so many electronic autonomous processes going on in new vehicles, makes me feel better about getting a extended warranty.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you've driven a Mercedes, you'd understand how nice it becomes when you're sitting at stop lights during your whole commute to and from work. It's now the feature both my wife and I miss the most from our E550. It was the KeylessGo on all four door handles prior to us getting the 2018 Expy as the 2015-2017 model's implementation of Intelligent Access was nothing more than an 11th hour afterthought.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It allows you to press the brake hard enough to apply the brakes and then release the pedal and the brakes continue to hold until you press the brake again or press the accelerator pedal.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...016/2016_Lincoln_MKX_Auto_Hold_Fact_Sheet.pdf

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...tleSelected=G1767714&topicHRef=G1767715&div=l
My 17 it has the auto hold feature, it works any time you are on a hill and your foot is on the brake and you are in gear, forward or reverse. It gives a two-second delay before it releases the brake. It helps with starting off when on an incline. Is that the same thing?