4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close but not the same. Once the brakes are applied at a stop light, Auto Hold continues to apply the brakes indefinitely so long as it's enabled, the doors are closed and the driver seatbelt is fastened.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close but not the same. Once the brakes are applied at a stop light, Auto Hold continues to apply the brakes indefinitely so long as it's enabled, the doors are closed and the driver seatbelt is fastened.
Okay, I guess I don't see the need for it.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if you release the brake pedal does the auto on/off then start the car while continuing to keep the brake applied? Assuming at this point your feet aren’t touching any pedals.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If auto start stop has not been deactivated and the brake pedal is depressed enough for the auto hold to engage, the engine will shut off like a regular stop and the brakes will continue to hold the vehicle the same as if you were holding them.

I know plenty of people that find it an unnecessary feature until they’ve used it for a while. Kind of like remote keyless entry. Anyone that grew up inserting a key into a lock cylinder to unlock a vehicle was used to it and didn’t think twice about it then but has become used to RKE enough nowadays that most wouldn’t buy a vehicle without.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If auto start stop has not been deactivated and the brake pedal is depressed enough for the auto hold to engage, the engine will shut off like a regular stop and the brakes will continue to hold the vehicle the same as if you were holding them.

I know plenty of people that find it an unnecessary feature until they’ve used it for a while. Kind of like remote keyless entry. Anyone that grew up inserting a key into a lock cylinder to unlock a vehicle was used to it and didn’t think twice about it then but has become used to RKE enough nowadays that most wouldn’t buy a vehicle without.
So true about keyless entry, my wife’s 09 fit doesn’t have it and I couldn’t believe they still made cars without it when we met in 2011.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use "auto hold" in my BMW every time I drive it. It's awesome during commuting when you have to sit at lots of traffic lights. It sounds silly but now I notice that my foot gets tired of sitting on the brake at lights if I don't use auto hold. Another one of those luxuries you never knew you needed but once you have it you can't live without, lol.

RH512AAA

Reaction score
Still getting the feel of my 2018 Expedition. Disabling auto stop start sounds good. Still figuring out on drive mode preferences.

One of my frustrations so far is with the 360 degree camera which I love!
Hate that once on, by going in reverse or pushing the button it goes off so easily, as when going from "R" to "D" forward. Would like it to stay on for a set time or better still until a higher vehicle speed is reached. Still want to see where I am in forward as well as reverse for tight situations. The button is a long reach...

Unless I'm missing some user setting, wonder if anyone knows or figures out a
FORScan Mod that could change this behavior??

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still getting the feel of my 2018 Expedition. Disabling auto stop start sounds good. Still figuring out on drive mode preferences.

One of my frustrations so far is with the 360 degree camera which I love!
Hate that once on, by going in reverse or pushing the button it goes off so easily, as when going from "R" to "D" forward. Would like it to stay on for a set time or better still until a higher vehicle speed is reached. Still want to see where I am in forward as well as reverse for tight situations. The button is a long reach...

Unless I'm missing some user setting, wonder if anyone knows or figures out a
FORScan Mod that could change this behavior??

I'm in the same boat. I will be messing around to see if I can figure out the values once I knock out this auto hold modification I've just dove into.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2018 Expedition Limited MAX this morning and by noon, I was already playing around with FORScan. Here is what I have found works so far.

Everything listed below has been confirmed working. If you find something you think is of interest that you have confirmed working, please feel free to add it here so we can build a google doc of all the available modifications.

Here is what I've come up with so far:

Code:
BdyCM    726-41-02    xxx0 xxxx xxxx    Disable No Key Present Double Honk

BdyCM    726-27-01    xxxx xxx0 xxxx    Enable Fogs On w/ LED headlamps

BdyCM    726-48-02    x0xx xxxx xxxx    Disable Auto Start Stop

APIM     7D0-01-01    xxxx xxxx xExx    Enable On-Screen H/C Seat Buttons

APIM     7D0-01-01    9xxx xxxx xxxx    Disable Sirius As Audio Source

APIM     7D0-02-01    5753 xxxx xxxx    Data Entry While Vehicle Moving

At this time, whenever I try to write anything to the IPC or DDM/PDM, I receive a "Service procedure has been interrupted." error so I will be sending log files to the FORScan people to see if they can resolve the issue.
So you go and buy a $70,000 truck and already you’re reconfiguring bcm’s? Why not just buy a fancy Denali?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bretbrat