$500 98 Expy with 239,000 Hauls Iron 1000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DRHaulsee

Reaction score
The gears in the regulator mechanism are pretty chewed up. Looks like the regulator with motor is $85 and will take an hour or so to install.

I also may need to replace the 4wd shift motor as it drops out of 4wd randomly sometimes and the indicator light flickers and I hear a click.

The new remotes came in today's mail. 5 minutes to program them and that issue is resolved.

OP
OP
D

DRHaulsee

Reaction score
Update: 242,000 miles:

Now have about 3000 miles on it with an average fuel economy of 15.3 mpg. Absolutely no problems outside of the original stuff.

Penetrating oil freed up the lock tumblers. I got new remotes and programmed them. I bought a second key. Home Depot cut it for free and I used the procedure in the owners manual to program the new key and the remotes. Fortunately its PATS 1 so that was pretty easy.

I bought a hand full of 194 bulbs and replaced all the bulbs in the interior. Great to have everything lit up again. Compass only reads North regardless of which way the truck faces.

It's using about a qt of oil every 2000 miles. Not enough to worry about an engine rebuild anytime soon.

The new drivers side window mechanism will be here Tuesday. After that I think its just the exhaust manifold for short term work. Long term I want to replace the radio and speakers and the leather on the drivers side seat bottom. That is the only seat that is torn. And, it's going to need tires in the next 6 months.

Well pleased with it.