6R75 Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I finally found an answer to one of my questions today. What is the difference between the 6R60, 6R75, and 6R80? Well, none. The physical internals and gear ratios are the same between all 3 transmissions from accounts I’ve read. The only difference is what size torque converter was installed at the factory and when it produced peak torque multiplication it seems. They differed the converter for mid size to full size. Mid size autos used the 6R60 and full size autos used the 6R75 and later the 6R80.

Last edited:

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I’ve been wondering if I should do that bridge seal inside this 6R75 but wasn’t sure if it was like the 6R80. Now I’m going to follow the Brian Makuloco 6R80 video.

Anyone have that Napa transmission pan with drain plug part number? Their website states it doesn’t fit my 2008. I have and will have done so much work on this truck that I’m keeping it forever and changing trans fluid and filter every 35k.

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve searched and read and searched but can’t find the torque spec for the converter to flex plate nuts. I’m installing a 6R75 in my 2008 Expedition. Please anyone know the torque to tighten the converter nuts?

Edit: Found an old Ford PDF that shows 26 ft lb for all 5.4 engines. Let me know if this is wrong. I’m going back under the truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t bother putting the torque wrench on those. I just tightened until it felt right lol. Only project I used my torque wrench on was the timing job. Internal engine parts I didn’t want to play around with and guess on.