7700 torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkduff99

Reaction score
Where to buy?

Floor it,

Went to my local Ford dealer today and asked about them ordering these for me and the guy looked up the parts and said that these were discontinued and that they don't sell discontinued parts. I asked where I could find them and he really didn't have an answer. So, where did you get yours. He said I was the first person ever to ask him to order torsion bars. Ok guys if ya'll can find them order them. I am going to have to keep looking....

Keith

FloorIt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry it took me a while to respond. I ordered the torsion bars from fordpartsgiant.com last October. You may want to check with TASCA he sells Ford parts to the forum members and may be able to find the torsion bars.

Expeditionary: The only mod I had to do to make the RCD lift kit work was to weld plates into the front shock mounts. The plates lowered the upper mount four inches. The picture below shows the plate welded into the mount.
IMG_9350.jpg

rkduff99

Reaction score
Thanks

Appreciate the response Floorit, I just ordered these from them and hope to receive them in around a week. Will post pics once completed. Thanks for your help.

PS. Your ride is incredible, hope mine can look that good some day.

Keith

OP
OP
S

SWIDDY25

Reaction score
Got my 7700 bars on yesterday, simply amazing how weak the original eb torsion bars were, i've got 38.5" from floor to bottom of wheel well with my stock 265/70/17 and still have a little adjusting bolt to work with, all i gotta do is get some rear shocks for my longer and stiffer rear coils and figure out what tire size will work best with a set of 16x10 (any suggestions welcome) thanks for all the help

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry it took me a while to respond. I ordered the torsion bars from fordpartsgiant.com last October. You may want to check with TASCA he sells Ford parts to the forum members and may be able to find the torsion bars.

Expeditionary: The only mod I had to do to make the RCD lift kit work was to weld plates into the front shock mounts. The plates lowered the upper mount four inches. The picture below shows the plate welded into the mount.
IMG_9350.jpg

wow thank you so much for responding, I really want to do a suspension lift on my truck and now that I know it can be done with just that small mod I'm starting to save!
My only concern is that I want to go with the Zone kit rather than the RCD, but when reading toohighexpo's (i think thats who it was) thread called finally done he was saing something about extending a plate of bracket 8" to fit his fabtech on an air ride. Im not getting a fabtech but it may be worth the extra money to go with the RCD since now I know it fits... decisions decisions.
Thanks again