a/c in a different vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
54 does seems low based on a few computations,
i will use it as a starting point,
the oil just for the lines comes out to 11 oz.
how much for the condenser?
i do have a new tx valve and dryer being delivered tomorrow.
spent two hours at o rielles going through the big book of ac parts, and found the replacements, glad i took both with me.
i did find the source of the LEAK other than the shrader valve. look at teh rubber o ring on the high pressure line where it connects to the tx valve

20180902_140742.jpg

20180902_130231.jpg

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that would put me near 11 oz for the lines, plus 1 for the condensor and how many for the pump?
there is no way i can remove the compressor to re oil it on the bench.
there is a service port on the low side line,
so i have to re oil it on the engine.
what the heck is the flushing solution made of, some sort of citric acid, smells like a orange.
i flushed the condensor and evap and only thing that ran out was flushing fluid, no chunks or other debris in the white cloth.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the specs call for 11 oz total usually the compressor will hold 6 - 8oz of the 11 total.
None of the AC Flush I've used smelled of citrus. FJC flush is Polyol Ester.

Last edited:
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
stuff flat cleaned my floor real good where is dripped.
any way, i have to call freightliner in am to get the model of ac compressor, its just to darn tight to get my body up next to it to see a model number.

can i add the oil through the high side line at the pump?
i have to see if o rielles has some more of this sticky tape stuff to fill the hole around the lines going into the evap

20180902_140809.jpg

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like using the sanden workbook for my compressor and hoses, i come up with 14 ox total of oil for the system.

i just have to figure out how the heck i can remove the compressor and see if any oil is in it.
WOOOOOWW

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can bet there is oil inside if it wasn't making a racket or locked up. Post a pick of where it is in the engine bay. I used to work on school buses and a few were pushers. Two access doors and that was it. Almost like working in a very small closet.

If you are swapping out the compressor there is a process of adding oil on the bench and turning the shaft to lube the internals. MAKE SURE YOU DO THAT!

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
called acme this morning, the number confirmed they are no longer in operation, as the number now is a credit card place to save you money HAHAHAHAHAHA

anywho,
i will snap a pic of the compressor when i get back from picking up parts.
, should i be able to dump the additional oil in the suction line and let it flow back the nearly 40 feet?
hopefully get it all back to together today, then do the suction on Tuesday.
i was very surprised that the condenser was bone dry , as was the evap. and the two high pressure lines that led to the condensor from the evap.
sanden recommended a ratio of oil to be in the 3.3% to 8% range, that a big swing, so my brain is saying dump in 8 oz, let it sit, hand rotate the compressor and make sure its smooth, pressure test, and if it does not make bubbles, then vacum it down
on fence to rent a pump or just go buy one,

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The oils main purpose is to lubricate the compressor. During operation it mixes with the refrigerant while circulating around the system and aiding somewhat in the transfer of heat in and out of the respective components. Put in what the comprssor will hold and then rotate the shaft. Some will come out once full. Add the remaining amount to the condensor and evap inlets. Should be about an oz each.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360