A/C is warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use a flush can with shop air, I believe I posted one brand in an earlier reply. Our shop air is at 90psi so when you open the valve it blasts the flush into the component.

Hold a clean rag or shop towel on the outlet of the component you are flushing. Flush both evaps in both directions.

Clean the txv with flush and note if any debris is on the needle or opening once you remove it.

Do not skip the flush whether you shoot the system with nitrogen.

Pay attention to the flow of the flush coming out, slow amount means a restriction. Normally when you open the valve there is a "blast" of flush coming out.

Go ahead and replace the orifice tube. Note the direction of flow with the arrow and if any trash on the "old" one. Direction of flow is from the condenser to the evaporator. Some systems will allow you to put them in backwards, don't know if Ford is that way though.

If you drain the oil from the compressor, catch it in a container that is graduated so that you know how many ounces came out. Put the same amount back in.

Add one ounce of oil to each evap, one ounce to condenser. We usually add less than factory spec total and run 50%-70%. As long as you don't go over the suggested factory amount you will be fine.

If you haven't changed the service ports now would be a good time to swap those out also. They are usually junk and leak after a few uses. You can have a leak at a service port and pass the leak test, once you unhook the couplers you hear the leak.
No shop air I'm back yarding it (hint). I'll be borrowing or renting a Pancake or Hot Dog compressor. That should work right?

When I open the valve it will blow through the component is not to soak at all?

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I need a larger tank size looks like will have to wait for a workin RR machine. I may even have skip the flush and refill and see what happens

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should try the smaller compressors first although it may require more flush to get the same results. If you don't flush the system what has really changed? Not much really. If you have a blockage, you still have the blockage - puts you right back where you started.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire