A/C issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey y'all, I was a mechanic in the army for 3 years and I very recently started working as a diesel fleet mechanic so my A/C skills are pretty much non existent but I know enough to make me dangerous, so here's my issue.
My 2002 E.B. A/C was working but not well at all, I think on an 78 degree day it could only manage to blow 62 degree air, I popped the hood and noticed a neon green ( Freon ) leak off the condenser up front so I drew down the system ( i want to say it had 2.75-3 lbs in it ) and replaced the O-rings. I ran a vacuum test on it and it held just fine so I recharged it with what I thought was 3lbs 14 oz ( which is 61 oz if my math is correct ). when I started it after that the compressor wouldn't kick on at all. I found out the A/C machine scale was hung up and not reading correctly so I fixed it and re-zeroed the scale and drew down the system again this time taking out 4lbs 10 oz, waay more than I needed. I recharged with 3lb 14oz again but still the compressor isn't kicking on? It was before I decided to "fix" it, any ideas?

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a low pressure switch that will stick. It should be located somewhere on the dryer/accumulator. They are pretty cheap, try replacing it or give it a couple taps to see if it frees up. You can jump the connector before replacing it to test the switch out. From m experience, that's what I would check first.

OP
OP
J

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I figured it out.. turns out the high pressure switch needs to be connected in order for the compressor to turn on. ...... I must have forgotten to reconnect it after replacing the o-rings on the condenser. Like I said, just enough to be dangerous. ..