A/C Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tvlunn

Reaction score
Trainmaster,

>> Are you referring to the temperatures and pressures I had mentioned (tvlunn)??

Also, when I get a chance, I'm going to take a look at the reading of the sensor Dustin had mentioned in his post. I'm assuming I should be able to get a reading after it has sit overnight in my garage and then compare it to the ambient air temperature. That should tell me if the sensors reading is accurate/close enough OR how much error is in the sensor!

OP
OP
I

Ivan5

Reaction score
High side pressure is too high, low side to low. Have you cleaned the condenser coil in front of radiator?

I have found with my 08 if the rear AC is off the front AC doesn't cool as well... on a 90-91 degree day with the rear off the center front vents get down to 49 or so... with the rear on the same vents get down to 39 degrees... on my 01 and 06 the where similar(3-5 degrees difference)... but on the 08 it was a bigger(10 degrees) difference between on and off.
After cleaning the condenser and turning on the rear ac I was able to get the evaporator temp down to 39 degrees without changing or adding anything, thank you to everyone that helped

Last edited:

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back that you got it working. My '07 @ '09 both cool very good so it doesn't seem like there's a design issue. When it's hot out I keep the control set to recirculate.

OP
OP
I

Ivan5

Reaction score
So the issue happened again with the warm ac, I was getting 72 out of the air vent, I replaced the temp sensor in the evaporator box and both front and rear expansion valves which brought the vent temp down to the mid 30s.

Attachments

• 07924878-F6D9-4B60-953E-F1597CB37B89.jpeg
    07924878-F6D9-4B60-953E-F1597CB37B89.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 4