Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sulatek

Reaction score
Yesterday I was returning from a 140 km long journey
I was driving my 2015 Expedition at a reasonable speed, not exceeding 120 km/h.
Suddenly, the engine revs dropped. I assumed it was the throttle, which I changed earlier for a similar reason But it looks like it wasn't
When checking with obd2, I found the code P0087
frankly I began to lose my confidence in these cars, which suddenly malfunction on the public road, which may cause fatal risks whose cause is unknown if the driver dies without telling what happened
Now I'm starting to think about getting rid of this car that walked 87000 km only what do you think ?
Does the topic require it?

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cars and trucks malfunction all the time, your making statements and people do not like helping people that just complain. Attitude is everything.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your scanner will read live data. What kind of fuel pressure are you seeing at cruise ( or when this loss of power is occuring...) ? Should see 50-60 psi from the in-tank pump. If you're seeing 50-60 psi from the in-tank fuel pump, look at the high pressure fuel pump on the driver's side valve cover as a culprit.
Do you have any other DTC codes? P0087 by itself is usually a failing fuel pump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
If your scanner will read live data. What kind of fuel pressure are you seeing at cruise ( or when this loss of power is occuring...) ? Should see 50-60 psi from the in-tank pump. If you're seeing 50-60 psi from the in-tank fuel pump, look at the high pressure fuel pump on the driver's side valve cover as a culprit.
Do you have any other DTC codes? P0087 by itself is usually a failing fuel pump.

Now I can take some rides without fixing the problem,
also the obd reader does not have fault codes
But I do not trust to travel again, the same problem may occur