ABS and TC lights on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I have acetylene here but I'm hoping I don't need to use it. I have a piece of unistrut here I use for stuck wheel bearings. Over the studs, couple lug nuts on and few blows with a sledgehammer usually does it.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the thing about these bolts that hold the hub on is that they are tight coming all the way out, not just breaking them loose. And a few aren't real easy to get to

A quick hit with the torch makes the job a LOT easier. I would not do it any other way

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
the thing about these bolts that hold the hub on is that they are tight coming all the way out, not just breaking them loose. And a few aren't real easy to get to

A quick hit with the torch makes the job a LOT easier. I would not do it any other way
Before I started I sprayed some kroil from the back side into where the bearing goes through the knuckle. Well by the time I got everything else out the kroil had worked it's way through. 3 quick smacks with a mallet and it fell right out. This was the original bearing so I didn't expect it to come out so easy but the kroil did it's job. I have the second bearing (Passanger side)here that I want to do but don't have time today so hopefully the weather stays nice and I can do it over the weekend.