2019 Max - Front Blend door and rear blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Morgan

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Max. Last fall I noticed little to no air flow from the front vents. Feet, face or windshield, doesn’t matter. My suspicion is the blend door damper. Also the rear fan does not work. Fuses are good. Can anyone tell me if im correct on my thoughts about the blend door issue? Also looking on any info to access the blend door damper and rear fan. Yes I can start disassembly but I rather look or find info before hand.

Thanks
Joe

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I have not worked on a gen IV HVAC yet (knock on wood), blend door actuator is a good bet, assuming you've eliminated a plugged climate system air filter as a possible cause. Forscan can definitely help you diagnose and pinpoint which blend door(s) is/are the problem. There may be a way to utilize the climate controls themselves to self-diagnose as well. I did that with a 2007 F150; but, I don't know if that feature is still built in. I also had an issue with my GT500 that turned out to be 2 blend door actuators that failed fairly close (in time) to one another that I apparently didn't notice until the second failure (convertible).

As for the rear blower, Forscan may be able to help; but, I don't have any personal experience in that area.

Good luck, let us know what you find!