AC leak in rear of 2007 exp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyS

Reaction score
2007 exp eddie bauer.
AC leaking in rear. I can hear a loud hsssing. I refilled Leak detection die. could not located source of leak, even removed the back pannels did not see any dye on the pipes, evaporator, fiting. Has anyone seen this before. No signs of the dye are visable. We even removed rear pannles/ cassings.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any clicking? It's usually all about the clicking with rear air

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2007 exp eddie bauer.
AC leaking in rear. I can hear a loud hsssing. I refilled Leak detection die. could not located source of leak, even removed the back pannels did not see any dye on the pipes, evaporator, fiting. Has anyone seen this before. No signs of the dye are visable. We even removed rear pannles/ cassings.

I feel ur pain on the a/c leak. Why can’t things be more simple like they used to be? I’m sure u checked the areas under the hood too. If it slipped ur mind, I would check for dye around the under hood compressor and lines going from there to the rear......if you can access them, that’s the big question......I took an a/c class years ago but these newer vehicles have changed so much that they may have a danged defrost board in em now like ur house does. I just wanted to reply to ur question since no one else has. Good luck Tony...

OP
OP
T

TonyS

Reaction score
Thx. I checked all lines. Even under the truck. You can actually hear the leak in the back. When we stripped the pannels and casings , we were surprised not to find any signs of the dye. We thought it was the rear evaporator, but it was completely dry and un marked.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes these things get hissy/whistly in certain modes without leaking.... have you tried switching up the settings for rear A/C?

OP
OP
T

TonyS

Reaction score
Refrigerant empties out within an hour . Hissing stops once I run out of refrigerant.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to add air pressure to the low side port, and find where it's leaking from. That's how we did it at my cab company in SF. It's usually pretty obvious where the leak is. As the others said, most times it's an oring, or if someone with heavy hands worked on it recently, a cracked line.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should I add more dye and or refrigerate

I would only use air pressure like Moose suggested. That way you don’t use up your refrigerant or dye. Once U put the air pressure on the low line side port then you will hear it hissing as long as u keep pressure on the low side and that will give you control of how much and how long to put the pressure on.