ACC / Ignition accessory power in an '09 for aftermarket crap....where to tap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Radio harnesses don't give it up no more. Some mumbo jumbo about canbus this, electronic smart whatever that ... according to the harness makers.

Where is it safe to tap 10A or 15A that turns off with the key? Ciggie lighter is out, that thing is always-hot...

Identified fuse #41 as a potential, but can't seem to find any labelled diagrams that confirm whether everything it runs is harmless and non-critical

Ideas? Labelled fusebox diagrams? Advice?

Thx!

PS absolutely NO "just pay crutchfield $100", "talk to installer", and definitely NO ciggie lighter taps

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tapped my Dashcam into the fuse that was used for the radio/sun roof. Mine is a 2015, so my fuse number is likely different from yours. But it is working fine for me. I'm sure there is an equivalent for you.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was down in the fuse box that is located in the passenger side footwell. It has been a while but it was the #38 fuse. It was shared with the radio/sunroof. So it is powered pretty much with the ignition. But like the radio, it stays on for a few minutes after the key is turned off if you don't open your door.

I used one of those fuse taps and had to carve away some plastic on the fuse box lid, so the tapped wire could escape the fusebox.

Last edited:

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tied my dash cam into the fuse block for an all the time hot circuit. You can do what I did. If you look in your owners manual at the fuse block diagram it tells you which fuses are not used. Check each one with a meter to see if it is hot or ACC controlled. Find the one you want at the fuse rating you want and you are good to go. Had about a dozen unused spots to chose from.