Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go - Need to Press Resume?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
[warning I may be posting a bunch of questions - I've been saving them up]

If you use Adaptive Cruise, and it comes to a complete stop, you have to press the Res button to resume driving? Is that how all Adaptive Cruise Controls work? I was using it the other day for the first time and wasn't expecting to have to press any buttons.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are at a stop for longer than three seconds, you simply tap the gas when you want to resume. At least that's what the dealership told me and it seems to work fine. Under three seconds should resume on its own.

OP
OP
D

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are at a stop for longer than three seconds, you simply tap the gas when you want to resume. At least that's what the dealership told me and it seems to work fine. Under three seconds should resume on its own.
You are correct it behaves that way, or you can press Res (Resume) on the steering wheel. I guess I was hoping or expecting it would just resume on its own.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are correct it behaves that way, or you can press Res (Resume) on the steering wheel. I guess I was hoping or expecting it would just resume on its own.
Only within 3 seconds of coming to a complete stop.