Adaptive Cruise Control, owner feedback...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now that I have a few hours under my belt with our new Explorer, I can definitely say that it handles adaptive cruise a lot better than the Exped does.
2020 Explorer Limited vs 2018 Exped Max Limited.
The Explorer is a not more gentle when you're approaching a slower car. The Exped doesn't seem to want to coast & instead applies the brakes with a bit (IMO) too much force.
I only have LKA & ACC on the Exped & have lane centering & 'intelligent CC' in the Explorer. I do like the auto speed changes, but it sometimes misreads & will set to frontage road speeds while on the highway.

Had a 2019 Edge ST for a loaner while the Explorer was the in the shop pre-purchase. It's very unobtrusive with the 'keep hands on the wheel' & went a good 3 or 4 miles before the first alert.
My Explorer I tested out the other night on a straight stretch, gives an initial, yellow, alert. Then red, then applies the brakes if you don't give the wheel a tug.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire