Added USB-C Charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STINNETT

Reaction score
The 3 black dots represent the splices you'll have to make into the existing Expedition inverter harness. (If you have one from factory)

Pin 4 of C2293 is the additional Terminal needed for the Dash AC/DC outlet LED indicator.

THIS IS A MODIFIED WIRING DIAGRAM TO ILLUSTRATE THIS PROJECT
View attachment 41740

Thank you!

I've started collecting the parts to do this. I just got my F150 Dash AC/DC Outlet Combo FL3Z-19A487-B in the mail yesterday and shopping for the other pieces.

STINNETT

Reaction score
I think I may be confused. Are you replacing the existing 150w inverter with the 400w inverter and adding the dash port? OR are you adding 400w inverter just for the dash? Sorry brain on meltdown today. Where is the stock inverter on the Expy located?

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I may be confused. Are you replacing the existing 150w inverter with the 400w inverter and adding the dash port? OR are you adding 400w inverter just for the dash? Sorry brain on meltdown today. Where is the stock inverter on the Expy located?

Exactly, I replaced my Expy’s 150W with the F150’s 400w inverter.

Replace my 150W Expedition Inverter with the F150's (400W) dual AC Outlet. The Inverter I bought on ebay came with pigtails. I made my own Harness adapter so I wouldn't have to cut into the existing Expedition harness.

IMG_6024.JPG

MOD - Inverter Plug Harness Adapter.jpg

The Inverter mounts behind the Dash on the driver side. Full Disclosure, this is an awkward spot to mount anything in but it can be done with some conviction. I used short self tapping screws.

03BE2763-5E9A-48A1-A9CF-CC2798D323CC.jpeg

The opening for the AC outlet required some sanding to enlarge it so the F150 Outlet would fit. Made an extremely big rookie mistake ... I forgot to use masking tape around the edges, now i'm left with some scuff marks. Learn from my mistakes :)

I used a flat wooden stick (paint stirrer) with 180 & 320-grit sand paper. The areas I focused my attention on were the top, bottom and right sides of the opening. More so the top. I ended up having to sand the bottom left corner of the AC Outlet also to make it fit.

Could've done without the scuff marks but I'm happy with the results.

AE84BFBC-F1CE-44C5-A8E6-FBB53E18ABDC.jpeg

684E0D9E-0737-4987-9EE5-EA2F8088DFE4.jpeg

Hope I didnt scare y'all off .. :signs8:

Go here to see a few more pics. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12ohi_h-V0SjTN1P1YL9ZIsde8ZpOhlNp?usp=sharing

Last edited:

STINNETT

Reaction score
Great! Thanks!

#1 where is the inverter located in expedition?

#2 how'd you get black interface on Sync? Is that 3.4?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exactly, I replaced my Expy’s 150W with the F150’s 400w inverter.

Replace my 150W Expedition Inverter with the F150's (400W) dual AC Outlet. The Inverter I bought on ebay came with pigtails. I made my own Harness adapter so I wouldn't have to cut into the existing Expedition harness.

View attachment 41928

View attachment 41929

The Inverter mounts behind the Dash on the driver side. Full Disclosure, this is an awkward spot to mount anything in but it can be done with some conviction. I used short self tapping screws.

View attachment 41925

The opening for the AC outlet required some sanding to enlarge it so the F150 Outlet would fit. Made an extremely big rookie mistake ... I forgot to use masking tape around the edges, now i'm left with some scuff marks. Learn from my mistakes :)

I used a flat wooden stick (paint stirrer) with 180 & 320-grit sand paper. The areas I focused my attention on were the top, bottom and right sides of the opening. More so the top. I ended up having to sand the bottom left corner of the AC Outlet also to make it fit.

Could've done without the scuff marks but I'm happy with the results.

View attachment 41924

View attachment 41923

Hope I didnt scare y'all off .. :signs8:

Go here to see a few more pics. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12ohi_h-V0SjTN1P1YL9ZIsde8ZpOhlNp?usp=sharing

Can you elaborate on the adaptor you made so you didn’t have to splice? I just ordered the parts you’ve listed and would love to follow what you did to the letter (dash scuff free, hopefully )