Adding power boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife is not happy with the narrow factory running boards on our 17 expedition. I know the limited and platinums have stock power steps, but I can't seem to find aftermarket power boards (like amp power steps). Am I out of luck, can they be retrofitted from a higher trim? Are there wider stationary boards I could add instead?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AMP is the OEM power running board supplier and pretty much own the market. Yes you can retro fit a set. BCM will need programming, could be as easy as Forscan, not sure. Keep the hinges lubed and the motors washed regularly and they will give you years of reliability. Don’t and you can join the ranks of people who do nothing but complain about them. Plenty of aftermarket fixed boards out there of various widths and, unfortunately, various quality.

Eric08

Reaction score
I’d stick with fixed boards just with more width. One less thing to give you a headache should it ever fail