After 6 months with my F150 Bilstein 5100s at 2” lift, UCAs are a MUST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tblentrprz

Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread but do not see anyone pointing out the critical nature of this issue. If a suspension drops too far allowing the ball joint to pivot to it's limit or the control arm to bind into the spring needs to install travel limiters. You will notice that a factory setup the shock/strut is the travel limiter. A simple 3/16" link chain bolted into place can work. I have not done this on an Expe but other vehicles to resolve this issue. I see this often when someone installs extensions on the top or bottom of the strut to provide lift. Sadly, most providers of these products DO NOT understand this issue or warn unknowing installers of the concern and risk. You can imagine what happens when the ball joint stud pulls out or breaks off due to the excessive stress exerted on it. Hope this helps someone avoid the catastrophe.