Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

celticfdguy

Reaction score
I want to eliminate the air-ride in my 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition... The pump doesnt turn on and the rear end is completely deflated.

I want to purchase the Monroe 4x4 Expedition-90010 kit.

I do not do anything out of the ordinary with my truck (no plowing, towing of anything, etc... just the occasional beach driving). I am not looking to increase the height of my truck anymore then what the kit below will give me

I am somewhat lost on this torsion bar subject.

In addition to the kit and my truck at around 130k miles... do I need anything else? Do I need a new torsion bar??

I was going to buy this: MONROE Part # 90010

Last edited:

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Search brought me here...

I meant to buy the 90010 kit, and somehow I clicked on the 90005 kit, 4x2.

(last winter when I attempted to do this swap)

What are the standalone part numbers for the fronts?

Tired of the Missus miling up my 'bourbon, while simultaneously ******** it's not a manual Expy.. time for to fix it right.

Kenny Brown

Reaction score
Yes. Watch the youtube to see a good vid of it. Selling cheap. A bunch of people are looking at it now because I said I was trading it in.

districk81

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 2000 eddei bauer and the air suspension is broke and it has to go. its got 140000k miles so im thinking i should get the monroe 90005 conversion kit because it comes with 2 springs 4 shocks and hardware. cant i just go to the junk yard and pull some springs off another truck? and why does the monore kit come with 4 shocks? do 2 of the shocks get mounted in side the springs or are they for the front as well as the rear. im on limited budget and trying to do it cheap as possible. the monroe 90005 is only $220 but if i can get by with just getting some springs from the junk yard id rather do that. i would really appreciate any advice on which direction i should go with this.

rowekmr

Reaction score
I looked up the kit and the front have coil over shocks which are the shocks mounted inside of the springs and it appears the rear are separate like a conventional suspension. I have a 03 and they are integrated and much more expensive to replace. Do you know what is wrong with it? Mines acted funny and would bottom out and it turned out to be the upper air spring mount which were leaking. They are 150 something online a piece but I got them from the stealership but they cured my problems.

i have a 2000 eddei bauer and the air suspension is broke and it has to go. its got 140000k miles so im thinking i should get the monroe 90005 conversion kit because it comes with 2 springs 4 shocks and hardware. cant i just go to the junk yard and pull some springs off another truck? and why does the monore kit come with 4 shocks? do 2 of the shocks get mounted in side the springs or are they for the front as well as the rear. im on limited budget and trying to do it cheap as possible. the monroe 90005 is only $220 but if i can get by with just getting some springs from the junk yard id rather do that. i would really appreciate any advice on which direction i should go with this.

guninhand

Reaction score
i have a 97 ford expedition can I use the 90006 kit in place of the 90010 I want a little lower stance?

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just completed this swap on my truck. I thought it was going to be easier than it was. Next time I'll drop the track bar to allow for more spring clearance in the rear. Also, it would have been nice to know I needed to unbolt the upper control arm on the front to get the new spring/shock combo in. I wasted 1/2 an hour until I figured that one out. But watching the videos would have probably told me that info. I will say I like the way it rides better now. Its a good 1 1/2 - 2" taller since the swap. I'm waiting to see how it handles with the camper in tow. Also, if anyone wants my old parts I'm selling them on Craigslist in Richmond. Just look it up.

mic_1011

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to eliminate the air-ride in my 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition... The pump doesnt turn on and the rear end is completely deflated.

I want to purchase the Monroe 4x4 Expedition-90010 kit.

I do not do anything out of the ordinary with my truck (no plowing, towing of anything, etc... just the occasional beach driving). I am not looking to increase the height of my truck anymore then what the kit below will give me

I am somewhat lost on this torsion bar subject.

In addition to the kit and my truck at around 130k miles... do I need anything else? Do I need a new torsion bar??

I was going to buy this: MONROE Part # 90010

+1 do you need a torsion bar to do the swap?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire