Airbag light on 2008 Expedition XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob Adams

Reaction score
I recently bought this truck from an auction and have been driving it around w/out issue for several days now. Last night the Airbag light came on solid and when I plug my bluetooth OBDII reader with TORQUE into the truck it's stating it has a B2293 Body code which based on some googling looks like airbag sensor failure? Torque doesn't give me a 19 or 21 designation on the code and the light doesn't flash (solid on)

B2293 19 Restraint System – Air Bag Status (Driver Front Air Bag Circuit Failure)
B2293 21 Restraint System – Air Bag Status (Passenger Front Air Bag Circuit Failure)

Troubleshooting so far:
Disconnect battery (was replaced in november) and let set for an hour
disconnected and cleaned impact sensor under truck No visible wire breakage detected or corrosion on sensor
disconnected and cleaned all terminals under seats (driver and passenger) No visible wire breakage detected
Reconnected battery and started car. Light came back on solid

Short of pulling the airbag itself out of the steering wheel or passenger side any thoughts on anything else I could troubleshoot? I'm kinda worried about driving it as from what I understand the airbags aren't operational at this point.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aren't there more sensors than that?

I think my Excursion has at least one in front core support area and one in each front door.

I remember having a code for driver door or driver side crash sensor that made light stay on.

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
Aren't there more sensors than that?

I think my Excursion has at least one in front core support area and one in each front door.

I remember having a code for driver door or driver side crash sensor that made light stay on.

Yes I believe there are 3...but the code I pulled was "air bag status" either driver or passenger circuit failure...I checked the impact sensor just for good measure

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
It would help you to get a reader that can give you the code. A common failure is the seat belt switch and the plugs under the seats. Without being able to see the proper codes, how can you possibly troubleshoot this thing without throwing parts at it?

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
It would help you to get a reader that can give you the code. A common failure is the seat belt switch and the plugs under the seats. Without being able to see the proper codes, how can you possibly troubleshoot this thing without throwing parts at it?

I have the code its B2293 but does't have a flash code that accompanies it. Everything I've been reading says it should have a flashing code along with it. The light however comes on solid the moment i turn the key on and doesn't flash at all.

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
I downloaded FORSCAN and got a little better code of B2293-E0...not sure if that helps anybody help me narrow this down

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2