AMS turbo inlet tubes installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I came across the AMS inlet tubes and thought I would give them a shot. I figured I have the charge pipes upgraded I might ad well try these.

I do not have them added to my tune yet but will when I add the turbo exhaust adapters later this summer. The one thing that stuck out the most after install is the increased turbo noise. It's louder for sure spooling up.

Found a site that dynod them on a raptor and the results were minimal hp gains but it came a little earlier and 20 ft/lbs TQ. In my opinion I feel like it added something to my expy especially in freeway speed throttle response. (If that makes sense, not sure how else to describe it)

Anyone else added this to their 4th gen?

Attachments

• 20210712_092139.jpg
    20210712_092139.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210712_092158.jpg
    20210712_092158.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 69

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few tube kits for these, stainless, aluminum, plastic. I've been pretty interested but some of these kits are upwards of $600. Nice to hear they seemed to have improved a little bit. I've noticed a lot of the upgrades I've been doing have really improved the turbo spool. how did you like the charge pipes? They look like they could be a bit of a pain, especially since you can't hardly reach into these engine bays. Need some SUV Scaffolding to hang upside down.

bring_em_on

Reaction score
Found a site that dynod them on a raptor and the results were minimal hp gains but it came a little earlier and 20 ft/lbs TQ. In my opinion I feel like it added something to my expy especially in freeway speed throttle response. (If that makes sense, not sure how else to describe it)
I don't know if a Raptor is the ideal engine to benchmark HP gains on since they are already a hot motor. I'd be more interested in seeing a dyno test on a more "stock" engine.

Good luck with the mod.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know if a Raptor is the ideal engine to benchmark HP gains on since they are already a hot motor. I'd be more interested in seeing a dyno test on a more "stock" engine.

Good luck with the mod.
I agree that it's not apples to apples, but it's the only independent dyno I found. I figured with my other mods that help breathing it couldn't hurt

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update

Engine throwing code now saying crankcase hoses not sealing...

Already checked connections and all seems well... Any thoughts?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update

Engine throwing code now saying crankcase hoses not sealing...

Already checked connections and all seems well... Any thoughts?
Sounds like an unhappy sensor. Maybe recheck electrical connections on any sensors you swapped to the new tubes. If not, wonder if the new tubes are causing one of the sensors to see an unexpected value.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like an unhappy sensor. Maybe recheck electrical connections on any sensors you swapped to the new tubes. If not, wonder if the new tubes are causing one of the sensors to see an unexpected value.
Thanks, I cleared the code and reseated everything so I will see if it comes back.

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are these working out for you? Would you buy again? What's your level of turbo noise with the mods you have in place?