An alternative to Sirius/XM radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayfun

Reaction score
I recently canceled my Sirius/XM subscription. I've been using the service for years and the monthly rate has grown to about $22/month. I canceled the credit card that had been paying for the service so that killed the service. Rather than renew, I decided to try Amazon Music. I signed up for the multi-device plan at around $15/month. For a single device I think it's around $11/month. I can play specific artists, genre mixes, podcasts, etc. And no annoying DJ's. I just have to connect my phone via Carplay. I've been very pleased so far.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently canceled my Sirius/XM subscription. I've been using the service for years and the monthly rate has grown to about $22/month. I canceled the credit card that had been paying for the service so that killed the service. Rather than renew, I decided to try Amazon Music. I signed up for the multi-device plan at around $15/month. For a single device I think it's around $11/month. I can play specific artists, genre mixes, podcasts, etc. And no annoying DJ's. I just have to connect my phone via Carplay. I've been very pleased so far.
Lot of alternatives out there, some you can get for free with YouTube or Apple etc. you can get Sirius also streaming only for about the same price.
You can also have your phone on Spotify set to download the latest daily top x list playlists so you can stream from your phone even without cell service.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wait a few months after u have cancelled your Sirius xm subscription... you will soon start getting mailings from them basically begging for you to rejoin them and give some pretty good discounts like $5 a month
I got my $5 per month offer within a week of cancelling Sirius. But I decided to sometimes use my Amazon music, and most of the time use my filled 64gb SD drive full of my favorite greatest hits CDs. Our last trip was 12 hours and we never ran out of music from the drive. I can listen in order, select what I want and shuffle.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had Sirius for years and years. Kept thinking that they'd get around to upgrading the bitrate quality. Not going to happen. Dropped them (took a 45 min phone call) and switched to Spotify. So happy. Should've done it sooner. Went back and activated the $3 per month traffic updates, though.

zeecarr

Reaction score
I had Sirius for many years, but now I just use Pandora on Android auto in my cars. I pay annually for no commercials and the higher bit rate. I also have about 60 gig of music stored on my phone that I can play any time.

One thing to know about Sirius XM is they will renew you for around $90 or less total for the year if you call and complain about the bill. Ask for the retention department and tell them you are cancelling unless you get the lowest rate possible. Be stubborn. If they don't go to less than $100 a year including taxes and fees, tell them to cancel you and bye. They will will drop the price rather than lose you! Once you sign up, they will try to jack up your bill the next year. Make sure you call Sirius and have them remove your credit card from the account a few weeks after you sign up and pay. They are desperate for members and any money is better than no money. When it is time to renew the next year they will bill you because they need a credit card number. You call and ask for the retention department again and tell them to cancel your account unless they give you the same rate you had last year! So it is a repeating cycle, but it works.