An honest suggestion for Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here Here!! As one who just graduated from a 2017 Limited to a 2023 Limited SPP, I find the 15' screen and all the features as digital touch a bit too much. I like big dials that I can find without looking. So natural. But I admit to being old fashion but computer savvy.

The electronics of the vehicle are astounding. I am truly impressed..... if it all works all the time.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here Here!! As one who just graduated from a 2017 Limited to a 2023 Limited SPP, I find the 15' screen and all the features as digital touch a bit too much. I like big dials that I can find without looking. So natural. But I admit to being old fashion but computer savvy.

The electronics of the vehicle are astounding. I am truly impressed..... if it all works all the time.

My 2024 sync 4 crashed two times during driving in the first and second months of ownership. The screen went black and then restarted itself. It doesn't affect any drivability, though. So, I think I was still safe enough.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately, It is most likely Ford is attempting to keep up with the Jonses with the technology and electronics. Competition is heavy with other producers and the bright and shiny bling will always attract.

I'm sure there are quite a few former MAMAA employees that wouldn't mind moving to a locale with a lower cost of living. I hope Ford is beefing up its software team with all the tech talent that those companies have.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And by all mighty, please ensure layers of security. It's astounding to me that something like the Ioniq platform (a very new software centric vehicle) is being stolen all over the world because of lax protocols. The number one most stolen vehicle in my local international airports lots for quite some time was the F150. I shouldn't have to worry about whether my vehicle will be there when I get back from a trip, both when you consider the cost of the vehicle and the $30+/day parking.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I agree. First of all, touch screen takes too much attention away from the road. Second, mine has several glitches where things do not work right. Third, over the air downloads apparently don't work on mine. Ive been waiting five months for a known update to download on mine since others with 2023s were getting them.

This is not the first time Ford has had problems implementing synch

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the balance of knobs and the screen my 19 has. Not looking forward to the day I retire the truck. Long live it!

I think oems would be wise to offer a delete of the screen, either as a cost lowering when optioned that way, or at least have it available at the same price if you so desire. I’m not believing there is an economy of scale that would favor doing all with a screen. Just have a panel with the switches and maybe a small screen for some stuff that can be plugged in place of the huge screen right on the assembly line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65