Anybody else get flak for using pickup for service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They might not want employees getting in other peoples cars right now for safety reasons. If someone who was infected called their employee has to get inside a Petri dish of someone else’s germs and vice versus if they are your car will be a hot spot. It’s sharing close proximity with a stranger whether you aren’t in the car or not....just a thought. I know they aren’t allowed to do test drives right now etc in many states. Although you’d think they would just come out and say it if that were the case.

you'd think ford wouldn’t advertise it nationwide if that were the case. That and all the before and after cleaning this and that they do.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had couple hundred miles. Not uncommon. Can happen with dealer trade for instance. Think it has to have over 500 before it can’t be sold as new. Crosses to demo or used at that point.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I caught that commercial again and noticed at the bottom in tiny font and such a light color it is almost a ghost, it’s only at participating dealers. That’s ****** lame. Parade that out like the Fourth of July and then it’s subject to somebody worried about losing their third beach house so they back out of doing it.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Most dealers have a shuttle, that runs people home. When the service is done they pick you up. A pick up service requires 2 people and is not going to happen. The Lincoln Dealer gave me a loaner. I had to wait for it to be cleaned. The last customer took it on a 1000mi trip, while there car was at the dealer waiting for parts. I don't think the dealer was happy with those people. There is always someone who tries to beat the system. I always ask for a loaner and never been turned down.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a door that doesn’t close flush. Pretty common to have funky door alignment from what I saw on the lots. This one is pretty bad and can get some air noise passing people. They didn’t get to it last trip in.

going to get oil change since past break in and approaching one year on it.

Toyota dealers have been much much better to deal with over the years. Haven’t had reason for a trip to ford in a long time. The dealers are ***** here to begin with on sales, went with this bunch for the sensor issue because another one made it clear they weren’t happy I called. Said to take back where I bought it. Seems they all have computer fed systems on the phones to let them know who you are, what, you have.

so you get flagged right away. One place let it slip they were putting me off for weeks because I didn’t buy there.
All the Toyota dealers 7 in my region are just store fronts to two giant Auto groups. They are by far the worst dealers in our region with the Auto group own Subaru dealers a close 2nd. Its a major reason after 20yrs of Subaru and Toyota ownership I now own neither and will tell others to skip them shop other brands in our region. And I don’t even go to dealers. My 2010 Subaru had 4 dealer visits when I sold it last September.

I have 6 Ford dealers within 40min or less of my house everyone of them are locally family owned shops. They all know they are competing for the same customers and they all are pretty decent but have various weaknesses.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most dealers have a shuttle, that runs people home. When the service is done they pick you up. A pick up service requires 2 people and is not going to happen. The Lincoln Dealer gave me a loaner. I had to wait for it to be cleaned. The last customer took it on a 1000mi trip, while there car was at the dealer waiting for parts. I don't think the dealer was happy with those people. There is always someone who tries to beat the system. I always ask for a loaner and never been turned down.
All our local dealers ditched their shuttle guys. They all use Uber or that other service now.

Julio Walker

Reaction score
Have a door that doesn’t close flush. Pretty common to have funky door alignment from what I saw on the lots. This one is pretty bad and can get some air noise passing people. They didn’t get to it last trip in.

going to get oil change since past break in and approaching one year on it.

Toyota dealers have been much much better to deal with over the years. Haven’t had reason for a trip to ford in a long time. The dealers are ***** here to begin with on sales, went with this bunch for the sensor issue because another one made it clear they weren’t happy I called. Said to take back where I bought it. Seems they all have computer fed systems on the phones to let them know who you are, what, you have.

so you get flagged right away. One place let it slip they were putting me off for weeks because I didn’t buy there.
I concur with this. I was told to take it where I bought it and this one is 5 mins from my house versus 45 mins. I wrote a review and they apologized. I wish corporate Ford would do a better job with customer service and follow up with local dealers terrible service.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Much to my surprise they did it today without any grumbling. Even offered loaner. They did take all day on an oil change and getting door to close flush, plus right at end told me it would be tomorrow morning before they are done.

I remember years ago having to put the new cam sensor in myself on a 7.3 because the ford dealer took all day Without even pulling it in bay or offering loaner and I had looked at the owners car collection over more than enough. Must be a ford thing.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
So...you sat home all day without a vehicle. What was the point of that? If you took there loaner, they would of had it done in a couple of hours.