Anybody else get flak for using pickup for service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Local dealer is talking me out of sending them work. Called to get it picked up and they were quick with the “will you be waiting” question. I said I wanted the pickup and delivery and they were all huffy and puffy. “Have to pull a salesman.”

well I guess he can’t sit on Facebook in the showroom for the 15 minute round trip. I’m sure they have a line of buyers right now.

ford is advertising the hell out of this service on the local news. Anybody else made to feel a burden to the dealer?

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same. I've made it my entire life not purchasing vehicle from a dealer. I worked for large dealer in the area for about 2 months several years ago before I walked out in the middle of a busy saturday because of all the bs and attitude that they are completely in control of managing. Your post doesnt surprise me one bit. That being said if you're insistent on the dealer service or if its warranty related I'd find another dealer because if you're getting attitude now just imagine how they treat a vehicle they dont want to deal with.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Local dealer is talking me out of sending them work. Called to get it picked up and they were quick with the “will you be waiting” question. I said I wanted the pickup and delivery and they were all huffy and puffy. “Have to pull a salesman.”

well I guess he can’t sit on Facebook in the showroom for the 15 minute round trip. I’m sure they have a line of buyers right now.

ford is advertising the hell out of this service on the local news. Anybody else made to feel a burden to the dealer?

What do you have, navigator?

Didn’t you just buy a month ago? What issues are you having? Maybe it’s a dealer oil change or something that isn’t ford warranty work so they are being fussy etc?

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a door that doesn’t close flush. Pretty common to have funky door alignment from what I saw on the lots. This one is pretty bad and can get some air noise passing people. They didn’t get to it last trip in.

going to get oil change since past break in and approaching one year on it.

Toyota dealers have been much much better to deal with over the years. Haven’t had reason for a trip to ford in a long time. The dealers are ***** here to begin with on sales, went with this bunch for the sensor issue because another one made it clear they weren’t happy I called. Said to take back where I bought it. Seems they all have computer fed systems on the phones to let them know who you are, what, you have.

so you get flagged right away. One place let it slip they were putting me off for weeks because I didn’t buy there.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a door that doesn’t close flush. Pretty common to have funky door alignment from what I saw on the lots. This one is pretty bad and can get some air noise passing people. They didn’t get to it last trip in.

going to get oil change since past break in and approaching one year on it.

Toyota dealers have been much much better to deal with over the years. Haven’t had reason for a trip to ford in a long time. The dealers are ***** here to begin with on sales, went with this bunch for the sensor issue because another one made it clear they weren’t happy I called. Said to take back where I bought it. Seems they all have computer fed systems on the phones to let them know who you are, what, you have.

so you get flagged right away. One place let it slip they were putting me off for weeks because I didn’t buy there.

Gotcha. Is it a navigator or expy?

Didn’t you buy after feb of this year? Or maybe this thread was from feb last year. Not sure since there’s no year.

Either way that’s annoying but **** em. If they are supposed to pick up, they pick up. They can huff and puff, hem and haw as much as they want. At the end of that scheduling call they’re agreeing to pick up or the regional rep is getting a call.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy. It got here like the last day of feb. built in middle of August. I don’t let oil go past a year due to build up. It had a few hundred miles on it so it got used and then sat for spells. Said it was shuttled around to their other lot some. I’m not big on break in oil or filter staying on very long. Also I think ford will pull the points at some point so no need to set up a battle down the road when I don’t roll that many miles to begin with. That and with the virus it may take ten years to get to 15k miles.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy. It got here like the last day of feb. built in middle of August. I don’t let oil go past a year due to build up. It had a few hundred miles on it so it got used and then sat for spells. Said it was shuttled around to their other lot some. I’m not big on break in oil or filter staying on very long. Also I think ford will pull the points at some point so no need to set up a battle down the road when I don’t roll that many miles to begin with. That and with the virus it may take ten years to get to 15k miles.

Ahhh ok. It was pre owned. Got it. Sorry. Missed that.

Either way I’m with you on the oil change. At 1k miles I’ll get mine changed. Always have.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They might not want employees getting in other peoples cars right now for safety reasons. If someone who was infected called their employee has to get inside a Petri dish of someone else’s germs and vice versus if they are your car will be a hot spot. It’s sharing close proximity with a stranger whether you aren’t in the car or not....just a thought. I know they aren’t allowed to do test drives right now etc in many states. Although you’d think they would just come out and say it if that were the case.